Purchasing a new Alienware

Um, yeah, I think you'll be able to squeak by. Rat bastage. :shifty:

Well, I'm still shopping around a bit, but close to buying it. With Alienware, I'm mostly paying for the name, so I'm aware of that. I actually found another model that will cost about $1600.

[1] Aurora

Alienware's are great. That having been said, by building it yourself, you can get the same/better components for less. However, Alienware has some pretty great customer support, and they use some pretty high-uality components. I'm probably getting one of their lappies soon .

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Alienware makes good PCs, I've got an older notebook from them and it's still going strong, and the prices are not that much higher than what it would cost to build a similar machine from scratch - the OS is a major expense, adding quite a bit on to the budget. :p

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I am waiting to upgrade - need to see what systems carry W7 and what they can do vis-vis performance ... thanks for this as Alienware is one of the options for me!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: