Yay!

Calax

Bethsoft is creating a GOTY version of Fallout 3 that will contain all five of the DLC content for 360 AND ps3 systems!

I'm happy because this'll mean I'll be able to pick it up and have myself in my sights :D

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Bethsoft is creating a GOTY version of Fallout 3 that will contain all five of the DLC content for 360 AND ps3 systems!

I'm happy because this'll mean I'll be able to pick it up and have myself in my sights :D

WTF ??? No PC version???

EDIT: And where did you read about it... no words on bethsoft page...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I read about this too, but have some trouble digging up the source.

Also, apparently there will be a PC version, costing 50 dollars, and the 2 console versions 60, but until I find some more info, take it with a grain of salt.

Ed: found it: http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/983/983990p1.html

Edited by Oner

I don't get it. You guys loved the original fallout games and praised BIS for it. And yet, you are all drooling over Fallout 3 whose only similarity is the title and the setting (but not the gameplay). I am not a fan of these games (I did like FOT though) but I would be pretty pissed off if people were telling me how great Fallout 3 is when I have already experienced the original fallout roleplaying experience. Beth's fallout game looks so bland to my eyes. Can someone explain to me what's so appealing about it? Souldn't guys be first among people to shout "blasphemy"?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I don't get it. You guys loved the original fallout games and praised BIS for it. And yet, you are all drooling over Fallout 3 whose only similarity is the title and the setting (but not the gameplay). I am not a fan of these games (I did like FOT though) but I would be pretty pissed off if people were telling me how great Fallout 3 is when I have already experienced the original fallout roleplaying experience. Beth's fallout game looks so bland to my eyes. Can someone explain to me what's so appealing about it? Souldn't guys be first among people to shout "blasphemy"?

The people who care have either moved on with their lives, or are sick of being angry with the fact that Bethesda now controls Fallout, for better or worse (hint: worse).

I don't get it. You guys loved the original fallout games and praised BIS for it. And yet, you are all drooling over Fallout 3 whose only similarity is the title and the setting (but not the gameplay)...

Yeah!, that's like enjoying Diablo AND Planescape. You're only allowed to enjoy *one* style of gameplay in a genre, and must hate all others.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Well Diablo wasn't in the same series as Planescape, so not sure how it's like that. Still, glad all the DLCs get released onto a hard copy. Really hate this DLC thing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Don't all the DLCs for F3 suck, anyway?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Here's someone who has got sense!

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

You know same can be said about people who hate Fallout 3 just because it is not the same cup of tea like Fallout 1 and 2, without even playing it... OMG Blasphemy...

there are millions of gamers with different gaming preferences... learn to live with it... and maybe then you stop being pissed off everytime you read some forums...

I have not purchased it because i dont think it's the same quality like Fallout 1 and 2... But all DLC on 1 hardcopy together with the game for a budget price is worth it imo... at least Bethesda is not putting some limited activation **** on their games...

EDIT: Besides, questioning other people sanity because they do like different games than you do is pretty lame...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Don't all the DLCs for F3 suck, anyway?

On a scale to 1 through 10, I would give Operation Anchorage a 6, The Pitt an 8, and I haven't gotten into Broken Steel yet. They are certainly better what Oblivion had. Sorry, no dog armor yet.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Uh, you havent played it yet you would be pissed if I told you how great Fallout 3 is because its a different style of RPG?

Should feel the same about Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment & the Neverwinter Nights series as they changed the turn based system of D&D.

F3 aint perfect, but it is an excellent game. I've been replaying Fallout 1 and I forgot how many quests were bugged and how short the dialogue was.

I have played a bit of FO3 and I find the game to be as bland as Oblivion. Those 2 games are overhyped and overrated, in my opinion. No big deal...

Ok, I was a bit provocative previously and I apologize for it...

I'm finding Oblivion near unplayable after spending time with Fallout 3. Yes, they are cut from the same mold, but I see Fallout 3 as a gigantic leap forward in a ton of aspects, and now I can't even go back to Oblivion.

I'm finding Oblivion near unplayable after spending time with Fallout 3. Yes, they are cut from the same mold, but I see Fallout 3 as a gigantic leap forward in a ton of aspects, and now I can't even go back to Oblivion.

I'm not as big a fan of either game as you are, but I totally agree that the improvement between the two is huge.

Oblivion may well be the worst crpg ever made; Fallout 3 still has a lot of problems, but it does some things well also.

I'm curious to see what happens with ES 5. Will Bethesda stay with an Oblivion-style game and leave its FO3 improvements for its FO series? Or will the improvements of FO3 be brought over to ES 5?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It's a good game in its own right. It just isn't Fallout. I just pretend I am playing a new franchise with suspicious similarities to the Fallout series. It would have been just as well if Bethesda just made the game a new series, and dropped all the Fallout art and pretenses it would have done just as well. I really don't understand why they decided to make it a sequel to Fallout 3 rather then a new IP since the the fallout fanbase is not big enough and mostly too elitist to drive sales vis a vis Halo or Gears of War, they must have known the NMA crowd would be foaming at the mouth over the game. I mean in the end all it was was the name itself and that isn't that important when the developer label is Bethesda.

Its sort of like Bioshock I think everyone who loved SS2 was expecting Bioshock to be like Christ descending from heaven instead they got a fps with some pretense of RPG elements, but since the whole thing was a new intellectual property nobody complained too much. If they had called it SS3 and set it on a spaceship there would probably be a lot more bitching and moaning.

Edited by EUIX

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Bioshock was woefully uninspired regardless of what it was called.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It's a good game in its own right. It just isn't Fallout. I just pretend I am playing a new franchise with suspicious similarities to the Fallout series. It would have been just as well if Bethesda just made the game a new series, and dropped all the Fallout art and pretenses it would have done just as well. I really don't understand why they decided to make it a sequel to Fallout 3 rather then a new IP since the the fallout fanbase is not big enough and mostly too elitist to drive sales vis a vis Halo or Gears of War, they must have known the NMA crowd would be foaming at the mouth over the game. I mean in the end all it was was the name itself and that isn't that important when the developer label is Bethesda.

Its sort of like Bioshock I think everyone who loved SS2 was expecting Bioshock to be like Christ descending from heaven instead they got a fps with some pretense of RPG elements, but since the whole thing was a new intellectual property nobody complained too much. If they had called it SS3 and set it on a spaceship there would probably be a lot more bitching and moaning.

I disagree, I thought a lot of the personality that Fallout 3 had was stuff that they used from the license. The Pipboy, vaults and blue jumpsuits, power armor, SPECIAL...all these are used differently than in F1&2, but they are still immediately familiar. I think if Bethesda had made their own IP, it would have lacked a lot of what made it special for me.

Edited by Hurlshot

SPECIAL...all these are used differently than in F1&2, but they are still immediately familiar. I think if Bethesda had made their own IP, it would have lacked a lot of what made it special for me.

lol I like that one. I agree, though. I liked the post apocalyptic feel and I think Beth actually hit the FO setting on the nose. It's a great wandering game. I haven't played Oblivion in a long time and I doubt if I ever reinstall it. I'm still playing a game of Fallout 3.

F3 aint perfect, but it is an excellent game. I've been replaying Fallout 1 and I forgot how many quests were bugged and how short the dialogue was.

I could never finish Fallout 1 because the game kept corrupting my saves for some reason, so that after exiting the game I could never reload my most recent save game and I had to replay stuff over and over again. Eventually it became so frustrating I stopped playing the game. I also was never so interested in the setting that I would continue to play despite the constant stream of frustration, unlike Daggerfall which came out in the same year (I believe).

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I still love the original Fallout. Fallout was the first RPG I played, followed shortly by Baldur's Gate and they are both responsible for getting me into the genre.

I just find it odd how many of the things people bash F3 for weren't all that great in the original games either. Is it really good C&C to have a Skulz gang member outright attack you if you dare speak to them with no choice and then have the quest bugged to 'take down the skulz gang' after defending yourself from them?

Then there was the inability to really deal with Doc Morbid in any sort of role playing sense. Only choice was to blackmail someone in the Hub or outright kill Morbid.

Hah, listen to me. You would think Fallout 1 isn't one of my all time favorite games. :)