Fallout 3 to get 2 new DLC add-ons

Atleast one idea in Broken Steel was directly taken from the cancelled Fallout 3 Van Buren.

What would that be? After Operation: Anchorage I don't plan on buying anymore Falout 3 DLC for a while.

Atleast one idea in Broken Steel was directly taken from the cancelled Fallout 3 Van Buren.

What would that be? After Operation: Anchorage I don't plan on buying anymore Falout 3 DLC for a while.

Satellite system capable of oribital bombardment. Was to be a major plot point of Van Buren. Not sure of the context in Broken Steel as I haven't got that far yet.

Another very poorly implemented plot device: you can nuke the crawler or the Citadel, which begs the question: why didn't the Enclave just nuke the Citadel in the first place?

For instance, because they wanted to use the Citadel for their own ends after crushing the Brotherhood. It is a major symbol of the old America, they would never want to destroy it. For the same reason they would try to get control of the Capitol Building (look at the vertibirds that often spawn there in the game)

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

So in order to potentially have a symbol no one cares about nor remembers (remember, two centuries passed, people won't know what the Pentagon was) they would refuse to obliterate the headquarters of the biggest threat to their existence? Sorry, doesn't make sense. Especially not when you consider that they had no problems nuking Liberty Prime and as a symbol of America, well, he was worth much, much more.

So in order to potentially have a symbol no one cares about nor remembers (remember, two centuries passed, people won't know what the Pentagon was) they would refuse to obliterate the headquarters of the biggest threat to their existence? Sorry, doesn't make sense. Especially not when you consider that they had no problems nuking Liberty Prime and as a symbol of America, well, he was worth much, much more.

The Enclave did seem to remember, though, IIRC Eden did mention the Pentagon as an important military installation so capturing it may have very well been on the laundry list. It makes more sense when the PC has destroyed Raven Rock - one would imagine that the Enclave would be looking for a new stronghold and the Pentagon'd fit that perfectly.

They were pretty much forced to nuke Liberty Prime as he was destroying them - without Prime they could gain the upper hand again using their technological superiority.

And part of that technological superiority was the nuclear missile satellite. The Enclave possessed technology far superior to anything the Pentagon could've held, so even as a ruined military installation it was expendable. The Enclave could've simply nuked the Pentagon and take over Rivet City - I doubt 10mm peashooters would so much as dent Advanced Power Armor, much less defeat it. Then there's Fort Constantine, filled to the brim with nuclear weapons. And a nuclear ICBM, if the player didn't launch it.

My main problem is that it doesn't make any sense on any level - you possess the ability to wipe out your enemy and... what? You're not going to use it on the off chance that his base might be of use to you, even if there are alternatives in the wastes?

Yep, it just doesn't make any sense. Which is, likely, because the satellites weren't actually meant to be active when they designed the main plot, and it was shoehorned to provide a 'woah' moment for the DLC.

Which... to be fair, I'm perfectly fine with, gameplay over canon and all that. I just don't know if it gave the player anything worthwhile, or if it was just another "look I can do THIS" moment of indulgence.

If Bethesda insists on using every element of '50s pulp out there, I hope that finally dinosaurs will be included in Point Lookout.

They already missed putting dinosaurs in FO3, namely in

Oasis

which was quite unforgivable.