Voice acting

If it's as good as

, I'll be impressed.

Honestly, though, from what we've seen up till now it's a bit of a mixed bag. Some of Thorton's lines are recited very well, others are pretty generic.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Looks somewhat updated from the last time it was posted. I still only recognize James Hong.

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

I've listened to the VO as much as anybody, and I will say that I'm very impressed with the cast. Thorton's VO is very consistent, and his delivery is pretty awesome in my book. I could also say this of nearly every main character in our game. I wouldn't write anybody off until you see the scenes in context.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

Still, no voice acting will ever be as good as Eternal Darkness.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

It has Kristoffer Tabori (HK-47) in it, so Thorton could be voiced by a 12 year old girl and I would still forgive everything.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm more concerned about facial animations. VOs seem to be really good most of the time, hopefully will get only better.

Facial animations are one of the largest things that we're focusing on in on polish work currently. Lots of the footage that has been shown was taken from scenes which had only had a single animation pass, and many scenes are much improved what was captured, even from as recently as a few weeks ago.

Not to be a broken record, but take what you see being shown with a grain of salt, as we are still a work in progress.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

Facial animations are one of the largest things that we're focusing on in on polish work currently. Lots of the footage that has been shown was taken from scenes which had only had a single animation pass, and many scenes are much improved what was captured, even from as recently as a few weeks ago.

Not to be a broken record, but take what you see being shown with a grain of salt, as we are still a work in progress.

Great to hear that! I'm aware it's all work in progress, it's just that we've been seeing major improvement in all the others areas since the first footage was released but the facial animations seemed to be impoved the least. I really hope this game will be highly polished and the it title for Obz so understand my concerns :sweat:

Edited by Sharen the Exile

M4-78 Enhancement Project :: www.m4-78ep.deadlystream.com

banneranimatedlucasforu.gif

Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today!

Please tell me that Conrad Marbug doesn't have a hamster :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, IMO, HK was at least as much writing as voice talent, if not more.

The lines wouldnt have been as memorable without the delivery.

HK's voice acting is notably better in TSL than KotOR1

Taborri was much better as HK in K2, yes. More intonation, seemed a bit more insane/violent.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

HK was more insane and violent in 1. In II he is much more calm and philosophical.

HK was almost devoid of tone in KotOR1.

He was much less monotonous in K2.

It makes sense, really. In KotOR1, HK was sui generis-- the emphasis in the voicing was being "the robot companion who speaks," so the VO didn't have to worry about differentiating his performance from other similar characters. (Really, the comparison they were no doubt looking to emphasize differences with is C-3PO, who was constantly flying from one fit of emotional despair or hysteria to the next.) In KotOR2, though, there were all the other HKs out there, and the writing emphasized that the difference between them was that the HK50s (etc.) were soulless killing machines, while good ol' 47 had some artistry and introspection behind his love for murder. The VO was no doubt asked to emphasize the differences between these characters in recording their parts.

Anyhow, this is a bit far afield from AP, which will almost certainly include some assassins, but surely no protocol droids. Here's hoping that Obsidz have found a role as suiting to Mr. Tabori's talents as the various HK units were.