Mass Effect 2 E3 Prelude

Jaesun

The most annoying character of them all was that whiny blue lolita girl. I would rather have done the freaky alien cyborg-lady than her.. yuck.

And how about some interaction in the world? The view goes from a static third person to an up close and personal, in cut scenes only, view. How about some way to implement interaction within the game world other than that?

I dont understand, are you talking about more camera angles/modes or something completely different?

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Also Ashley is an excellent character.

I have to disagree with you there. Her whole shtick was that she was a racist bastard and missed her mother/sister. Her death was blessing on all those poor five races.

Wow, where did you get she was a racist bastard? Just because she thinks humans are meant to fly a human vessel? Come on, racist bastard.... Racists are those that usually kill people for being ethnically different.

Anyway, I liked Ashley. She was straight and cool yet not one of these silly Tomb Raider wannabe-cool Hollywood puppets. I'm looking forward to have her in my party again in ME2.

The most annoying character of them all was that whiny blue lolita girl. I would rather have done the freaky alien cyborg-lady than her.. yuck.

And how about some interaction in the world? The view goes from a static third person to an up close and personal, in cut scenes only, view. How about some way to implement interaction within the game world other than that?

I dont understand, are you talking about more camera angles/modes or something completely different?

I think Blodhemn means being able to press some buttons or throw stones within a level. Oh well... :ermm:

I have to disagree with you there. Her whole shtick was that she was a racist bastard and missed her mother/sister. Her death was blessing on all those poor five races.

Talk about missing the point. And she was the character we learn the most about. Kaiden just goes on about Jump Zero and the aliens have half their dialogue used for info kiosk about their species except Garrus, who you have pretty one note convos with.

Even if she was racist, that wouldnt make her a badly written character

Wow, where did you get she was a racist bastard? Just because she thinks humans are meant to fly a human vessel? Come on, racist bastard.... Racists are those that usually kill people for being ethnically different.

Anyway, I liked Ashley. She was straight and cool yet not one of these silly Tomb Raider wannabe-cool Hollywood puppets. I'm looking forward to have her in my party again in ME2.

It's pretty obvious that she doesn't like the other aliens. You can be a bigot without committing mass murder.

I didn't like her because there was nothing really interesting about her, she was just a soldier with a boring sob story.

Talk about missing the point. And she was the character we learn the most about. Kaiden just goes on about Jump Zero and the aliens have half their dialogue used for info kiosk about their species except Garrus, who you have pretty one note convos with.

Even if she was racist, that wouldnt make her a badly written character

I never said she was a badly written character, I said that I didn't like her because I found her to be boring. Kaiden wasn't much better. I'd rather hear about some weird alien species than a melodramatic sob story.

Edited by Purkake

Something as simple as in Resident Evil, click "investigate" and the camera zooms in on what you're looking at instead of just having a little circle for XP purposes to click on without further involvement. That's pretty lame. The games interface could use something to make it more "first person" if you'd like to choose it to be so.

She's racists because she takes an stance on protecting humanity from outside influences? She distrusts aliens and with reason. Whether you think she is justified or not is part of what make her interesting.

Also Ashley never had a sob story. And some of the other, alien crew members did.

She's racists because she takes an stance on protecting humanity from outside influences? She distrusts aliens and with reason. Whether you think she is justified or not is part of what make her interesting.

Also Ashley never had a sob story. And some of the other, alien crew members did.

I couldn't care less whether she was racist or not, I'm just saying that it was her main "thing" and didn't make her stand out.(at least for me and I played the game like an year ago) I also distinctly remember her breaking down in one of the conversations and telling me how she misses her mother or sister.

I'm not saying that she is worse than any of the other misfits, I just didn't like her and never found her "interesting". It is also just an opinion...

EDIT: It's like one character goes "My whole race was made sterile by a biological weapon and we are slowly dying out" and another goes "I'm human and I don't like aliens"

Edited by Purkake

The worst character was clearly Garrus. He was flat like a card-board. I didn't get anything out of him.

Who's that?

Just kidding.

I found some of the characters in ME kind of interesting, though the overall texture was a bit bland. It seemed like a lot of the "in-depth" conversations just involved NPCs rattling off random background info about the universe rather than telling you a personal story with any substance.

That's what you get when you have to artificially reduce de amount of dialogue due to VO costs.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Her being a racist was nice touch in overly PC (Political Correctness) game industry. Of course aliens make bit easier target then country or color but it's the same effect. Character was nice (probably southen US) WASP stereotype. Best character in ME.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I don't think I disliked any of the characters in ME1.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

So, anything about fixing the horrendous inventory yet?

Never saw a console game that has a slick and useful inventory.

Dead Space.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Checks the URL for this message board.... oh... I thought this was the codex for a minute.

As much as I am looking forward to Mass Effect, I am also looking forward to Dragon Ages. It really looks interesting too. I am more a casual gamer. Hope both games are playable, for me. E3 should be filled with a lot of surprizes. :lol: Besides Alpha Prodical, looks very interesting as well. There's a lot of good games coming out.

Edited by Moonfever

I love the night, so peaceful and calm.

Checks the URL for this message board.... oh... I thought this was the codex for a minute.

As much as I am looking forward to Mass Effect, I am also looking forward to Dragon Ages. It really looks interesting too. I am more a casual gamer. Hope both games are playable, for me. E3 should be filled with a lot of surprizes. 8) Besides Alpha Prodical, looks very interesting as well. There's a lot of good games coming out.

Don't forget about the unannounced ones! Tons of publishers seem to be holding off thier announcements till E3! Can't wait! :lol:

Edited by Sharen the Exile

M4-78 Enhancement Project :: www.m4-78ep.deadlystream.com

banneranimatedlucasforu.gif

Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today!

"Wow, where did you get she was a racist bastard?"

From the game. She's racist. Why? She hates other beings based on their race. That's the definition of racism. She is still an interest, and mostly wellw ritten character.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

None were as grating as stupid Bastila, but I can't say I actually *liked* any of them, either.

but were they interesting well-developed characters?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"Wow, where did you get she was a racist bastard?"

From the game. She's racist. Why? She hates other beings based on their race. That's the definition of racism. She is still an interest, and mostly wellw ritten character.

Does she hate them? Or does she just not trust them at all and have no experience dealing with aliens or alien cultures? I'll be honest I never did make up my mind about Ashley in my run throughs (part of why I thought the character interesting and sometimes disturbing to interact with)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man