Mass Effect 2 E3 Prelude

Jaesun

So, anything about fixing the horrendous inventory yet?

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The inventory was changed in the PC version, so they'll probably use that on ME2 for the 360. I cant remeber what was so bad about it though, it wasnt like RE5 where you cant move weapons to your mate in co-op or have to stand fumbling to mix herbs in the middle of a fight because the game doesnt pause.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think that's kinda a waste of time, importing the save data and shaping the beginning of ME2 according to this. Heck, I already can't remember anymore what I did in my last ME walthrough, let alone if I have the savegames somewhere left. I think I'll start fresh from scratch with ME2. Wrex, I don't care, but I better get Ashley back so that I finally get a chance to do nice happy sexy lovely things with her. Ho ho. Ho...

You might not care, but for me it's important. One of the things I like about RPGs is the ability to make choices and have those choices effect the world in a meaningful manner. ME let you make a number of choices that felt important but had no impact on the world; I want ME 2 to change that.

The saved games remain if you uninstall the game. You have to manually delete the save file folder.

I'd assume the 'default' choices in Me 2 are a paragon maleShep soldier who romanced Ashley.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Well as long as the game gives me the option to start a character from scratch and set these super-important decisions from ME1 myself, I'll be happy. Not that there were that many anyway... Wrex, Ashley/Kaiden...anything else?

I would guess that they have some default(canon) choices that they use if you don't import your save. I'm sure someone will figure out how to hack the saves on the PC, though.

It would be pretty weird if the games just asked you about the choices in the beginning. Maybe some weird JRPG-style personality quiz?

Edited by Purkake

Well, if it *doesn't*, then the whole C&C crap that Biostupid is spewing will actually turn out to be real Hades crap. I mean, if

unleashing the Rachni queen to wreck havoc throughout the universe

doesn't significantly affect the storyline, then poodoo to that.

The

Ashley/Carth

thing is less important, since in an ideal world they'd both be dead.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Awesome. That's pretty ccol. Although with a 2 year dev cycle between games, I don't know how really useful it is.

What do you mean?

I've replaced my drive once and formatted it at least once, maybe twice, since ME was released. So any save from the original playthrough would be long gone at this point. Rendering the whole thing kinda moot, unless I wanted to play it again. Which people might want to do anyway, of course.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I think this whole import-your-save-data is weird in the first place. But hey, some people want these "choices".

I think it's exciting and very unique. Can't wait for E3, to see what they have done so far. :thumbsup:

I love the night, so peaceful and calm.

If they really wanted to integrate proper C&C into their games they would do it within the same game, not from one game to another. As it is, it's just a marketing ploy to get people to buy the sequel.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

If they really wanted to integrate proper C&C into their games they would do it within the same game, not from one game to another. As it is, it's just a marketing ploy to get people to buy the sequel.

It's only a marketing ploy if the choices you made in ME1 don't actually change anything in ME2, and until we play ME2 we can't know what consequences our choices have. If they have a significant impact on the path the game takes then it'll actually be quite a step up from what we usually see in games. Though given your views on Bio it's hardly surprising you'd take a glass-half-empty view.

I think its pretty cool. We obviously won't know the actual magntiude of the significances until the game is out. But more conseqeunces to decisons in crpgs is always a good thing, I think. Carrying them forward to a new game adds an interesting continuity to the ramifications.

It would be cool if the Elder Scrolls games did that. Their world is such a well envisoned gameworld, that it would be pretty suitable for that, if Bethesda chose to go that way.

edit: Just speaking personally, it makes me much more interested in purchasing ME and giving it a play through prior to the next game's release.

And I think I probably will. :thumbsup:

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It's only a marketing ploy if the choices you made in ME1 don't actually change anything in ME2, and until we play ME2 we can't know what consequences our choices have. If they have a significant impact on the path the game takes then it'll actually be quite a step up from what we usually see in games. Though given your views on Bio it's hardly surprising you'd take a glass-half-empty view.

Unless they are planning on doubling or tripling the game's size just by adding optional content most players will never see, the consequences of first game choices will be few and shallow. It's just not worth the investment.

Also, considering Bio's record of limiting their games' content in favour of production values, I don't see how this will be any different.

Heja Sverige!!

Well as long as the game gives me the option to start a character from scratch and set these super-important decisions from ME1 myself, I'll be happy. Not that there were that many anyway... Wrex, Ashley/Kaiden...anything else?

Saving/not saving the council (at least I assume they die if you don't direct the fleet to save them)

Picking the human council member if the council is saved

releasing/killing the Rachni Queen

Kill or let go alien terrorist in Bring Down The Sky

Romance/not Romance and if so w/who

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Saving/not saving the council (at least I assume they die if you don't direct the fleet to save them)

Picking the human council member if the council is saved

releasing/killing the Rachni Queen

Kill or let go alien terrorist in Bring Down The Sky

Romance/not Romance and if so w/who

I I still can't wait till E3, I am really looking forward to Mass Effect 2. It doesn't have to be a whole lot of news, just another hint of what's to come. Different worlds, more Aliens, and humans, better weapons, I have heard more planets. I have been going everywhere and checking on this game. I am confused, this is Bioware, is it not? What's wrong with looking forward to this game? :thumbsup:

On all the other forums I go to, I get more excited, than here. Am I misunderstanding?

Don't get me wrong, ME2 will definitely be a competent game and there are a lot of worse games one could play. I certainly don't regret playing through the main quest line in the first one. I'd just wager it won't be anything new or particularly improved over Bioware's recent games.

Heja Sverige!!

The side quests tieing into the main story doesn't seem that big of a deal to me. It's not something that really affects immediate gameplay, it's just possibly enhancing something of which doesn't really need improvement on in that sense. Maybe have some side quests where if you go out of your way to do this mission pertaining to a particular character, then there will be more missions involving that character down the long haul - not just the simple, complete the side quest, over and done in 20 mins and that's all you hear of it.

One thing that could be improved on with the story is the presentation, especially with Shepard. Why's everything so serious? It'd be good if some things were less forced and your character less concerned about every little problem in the Universe. Oh no, a colony of ants might be scattered across the lands, separated from their families because of some rogue animal going nuts in a field. Basically, less weenie missions of little worth.

And how about some interaction in the world? The view goes from a static third person to an up close and personal, in cut scenes only, view. How about some way to implement interaction within the game world other than that?

Well, if it *doesn't*, then the whole C&C crap that Biostupid is spewing will actually turn out to be real Hades crap. I mean, if

unleashing the Rachni queen to wreck havoc throughout the universe

doesn't significantly affect the storyline, then poodoo to that.

The

Ashley/Carth

thing is less important, since in an ideal world they'd both be dead.

What if

queen helped you and makes good on her word?

I want that to happen since its a slap in the face to what everyone expects.

And I agree the Bioware is too concerned with production values to put money into writing enough content to satisfy the big choices.

Also Ashley is an excellent character.

Also Ashley is an excellent character.

Agreed. I really enjoyed her lines and her character in the game. Her and Talia are my favorite 2 characters in the game, based on how they were written, and thier back story.

The first time Carth/Kaiden/Anomen opened his mouth I wanted to stab him in the face.

Thankfully Bioware game me an option to deal with him. <3

I really don't get all this Carth/Kaiden hate. I think he's an incredibly talented voice actor, like it or not. That he was written like a douche though isn't really his fault.

I really like the Carth/Kaidon voices and the banter back and forth. I hope they use it again, a familiar voice. I can't wait for the new quests and all the answers. :ermm: And you're right, he didn't write his lines, but never the less, it was a lot of fun.