D&D 3.5 Monster advancement, generation and customization

I write to express my support for the thriving 3.5 community via the recently released Monster Advancer (http://www.monsteradvancer.com).

This compact suite of applications allows for swift monster generation, advancement and customization, all within the context of 3rd edition(3.5). What once took up to an hour of dungeon masters' time, now takes seconds. Large Fiendish, Half-Dragon Dire Wolves with 18 hit dice can now take their place of honor amongst the kraken and the hydra.

There are currently three applications worthy of note: There is a version made for massive customization (allowing templates, magical items and equipment, stat adjustments and feat selection), a version made for speed and simplicity, and another which can generate multiple creatures randomly based on the challenge rating or encounter level desired.

The entire project is completely free and available now. It is continuing to be enhanced daily with the ability to add class levels coming by the end of the week.

My goal is to help foster and reinvigorate the 3.5 community by contributing to the tools that enhance the game by allowing time for creativity rather than crunching numbers.

Hey thanks! This is nice work! :lol: Will it be available for download rather than online use?

Strangely enough someone else on another forum asked that same question right away. Here is what I said to him...

That is something that I have toyed with but it is slightly trickier than it sounds. It is definitely on the radar but most likely not until I get all of the main features of the online version done. (Such as getting every creature from the monster manual 1 into the application). Granted even with all the things I expect to do, I don't anticipate that it will be too long. Although, it all depends on what people really want. If a large number of people really want an offline version I could very well up the time-table.

So, short answer: yes, eventually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I apologize for the thread necromancy but I figured those of you who participated in our discussion might be interested that there have been a number of updates to the applications with a bunch of new features, creatures and more. Feel free to keep sending me feedback if you like what you see so that I can continue to bring you more of what you want. Monster Advancer 3.5

• 1 year later...