FO: NV

Since a few people asked, most of what I have done for Obsidian is level design, dialogue writing, and scripting. On NWN2 I worked primarily on Act 2, and then on MotB I had Ashenwood and the Academy. I'm contributing to FO: NV in more or less the same capacity. And apparently helping with the windows. :o

Since a few people asked, most of what I have done for Obsidian is level design, dialogue writing, and scripting. On NWN2 I worked primarily on Act 2, and then on MotB I had Ashenwood and the Academy. I'm contributing to FO: NV in more or less the same capacity. And apparently helping with the windows. :shifty:

Hey Eric nice to meet you, what can you tell me about the development of the windows in New Vegas?

Just kiddin' :ermm:

But man, I want to see your dialogue sample! Especially after reading on Josh twitter how awesome it is!

Also could you smuggle here some early screenshots and concept arts?

We promise we won't tell anyone!

Since a few people asked, most of what I have done for Obsidian is level design, dialogue writing, and scripting. On NWN2 I worked primarily on Act 2, and then on MotB I had Ashenwood and the Academy. I'm contributing to FO: NV in more or less the same capacity. And apparently helping with the windows. :shifty:

and in his spare time, he works on some pretty awesome graphical desktop environments.

anyway nice to meet you eric, good luck on your work and keep us posted please, this thread needs more devs.

Josh answers more questions in the Alpha Protocol forum than he does here. :(

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

AP is almost done, so there's plenty to talk about.

Hi Josh!

I have a question: What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? :)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Hi Josh!

*sigh*

is that an African swallow or a European swallow?

the fact that Gromnir recognizes is personally shameful.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hi Josh!

*sigh*

is that an African swallow or a European swallow?

the fact that Gromnir recognizes is personally shameful.

HA! Good Fun!

It was SUPPOSED to be an easy question. I'm trying to draw Josh out of his shell.

Ooops. I let the cat out of the bag, didn't I?

Depends. Eventually when you boost your grenade skill, MT's fains the ability to throw it instead, I think.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I guess J.E. Sawyer is just cautious since the expectation he built up for his mostly unfinished works in the boards may not have been fair to the real presentations of the results even if they had been released. In my case, I simply wanted to know the general direction of FO:NV but some people who are less* accustomed to the process of the game development might take his words as promises.

Well, the lead designer says it's too early to talk and most of us have many other things to do, so why not just wait and come back later? >_<

Talking of other things to do, J.E. Sawyer, I glanced at your little adventure during your last vacation at your twitter site and enjoyed the feel...well, mostly through my imagination. Sorry for your broken notebook. Personally, I'd like to enjoy outdoor trips/travels with bicycles since I'm not confident with riding on a "naked engine" but you definitely can travel wider areas with it. BTW, in FO:NV, you definitely not force the players to travel miles and miles of empty desert, do you? :biggrin:

*I have no experience with game-making but, from my little experience, I saw quite many factors in blue print can be cut during the process of the development especially recent graphic demands require heavy resources, I guess.

Well, the lead designer says it's too early to talk and most of us have many other things to do, so why not just wait and come back later?

because i'm impatient, goddammit. anyway, it's not like Sawyer's opening up a can of worms which is really beans which develops botulism and accidentally eats it and dies if he posts even one goddamn piece of concept art or sth. sheesh. :(

Hi Jason!

Does Josh watch you like a hawk when you are posting?