FO: NV

Yep, we sure do have stuff we could show. Not sure there's any compelling reason to show/talk about it now rather than later. Any advantage gained by discussing it now is pretty much trumped by advantages gained by showing/talking later.

* More polished.

* More distinctive.

* More of it.

* More cohesive.

* Will generate better momentum.

If it's good now, it will be better later. If it's bad now, there's not much point to showing it/talking about it. It's loads of fun to talk about everything you tried/screwed up in the first half of a project when it's in a post-mortem. Not so much when you're actually in the midst of it.

But see I could asK: Are you or are you not looking at making changes to VATS combat.

By simply answering with a yes or no, but yet providing no other info, it would help me (and others)get an better understanding of what the possibilities are with the game.

Or by answering: Has Bethesda given you the latitutde to change VATS if you see fit? This would also be helpful to know.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

But see I could asK: Are you or are you not looking at making changes to VATS combat.By simply answering with a yes or no, but yet providing no other info, it would help me (and others)get an better understanding of what the possibilities are with the game. Or by answering: Has Bethesda given you the latitutde to change VATS if you see fit? This would also be helpful to know.

yeah, but...hmmm. maybe we need to speak in code (so teh Bethesdabeast don't notice!) and he'll give us answers. like:

"hey Sawyer, whatchoo have for breakfast? eggs and bacon? cool. say...how do you like your bacon? crisp or vatty? oh, cool. ok, gotcha. oh! yeah...um, so did you fix yourself anything special for desert?"

or sth.

Twitter is a publically available service, so it's stalking only in some obscure part of your brain

yeah, yeah. whatever. anyway...those tweets are nothing but minor anecdotes. it's hardly "news."

Stabilis.

lol.

i'd be happy with some concept art.

concept art stops getting more and better relatively early.

i'd be happy with anything...*ponders*...eh, screw it. i'll probably never be happy. ;)

Edited by TwinkieGorilla

The silence is deafening.

*pin drops*

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It will be about Dogmeat's adventures. There will still be gunfights though.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Eric Fenstermaker, if I'm not mistaken, was in charge of the spirit eater function in MotB. That was an extremely difficult task, I can assure you. I was myself quite a nuisance regarding the spirit eater aspect, and I was certainly not the most strenuous or strident voice on the issue. However, Fenstermaker did an excellent job. I'm wracking my brains, but I can't exactly recall what else he did. I know he had his share of work on MotB, and I think that's quite a feather in anyone's hat. I never really much knew him personally, but I did respect his work and the fact that he was fairly cheerful when discussing the spirit eater function, which was a contentious issue the entire time I was in QA.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

First time I hear of Fenstermaker. Apart from the funny name ("Windowsmaker"), what does he contribute to FO:V?

He makes all of our stained glass windows.

I now imagined Obsidian as a monastery full of scribes hunched over parchments, writing pieces of code and dialogues under the careful guidance of the Whipmaster.

Sounds kinky.

He makes all of our stained glass windows.

I now imagined Obsidian as a monastery full of scribes hunched over parchments, writing pieces of code and dialogues under the careful guidance of the Whipmaster.

Sounds kinky.

Throw in a steam punk computer in which they place the scrolls, and we suddenly get a really cool monastery.

fenster == crate?

fenster == crate?

Fenster means Window in German.

From the Latin Fenestra, -ae F iirc.

Yes, I'm an American but not all of us are unschooled heathens.

Sounds kinky.

Remarkably accurate.

I feel a disturbance in the force. It's as though a hundred devs simultaneously facepalmed, and then fell silent bc the nda is still in place.

twitter