FO: NV

I have to say I'm very disappointed that we got not a shred of info at e3. no concept art, no interview, no screenshots, nothing.

cmon you seriously don't have single piece of concept art that could be shown?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I suppose they're aiming for a later date to start hyping it up, since FO3 is still pumping out DLCs and Alpha Protocol is getting a lot of hype. Maybe NV will start get going near the end of the year.

If they are going to have a strip club in the game have the dancers actually strip. I mean seriously, what is the point of a strip club if the dancers don't strip. I am not saying put nudity in the game for the sake of nudity but if you are going to go that route by putting a strip club in the game then make it a real fraking strip club.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I have to say I'm very disappointed that we got not a shred of info at e3. no concept art, no interview, no screenshots, nothing.

cmon you seriously don't have single piece of concept art that could be shown?

The game was only announced this april. It's not being released until fall 2010.

some games are announced alongside screenshots and concept art

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

*yawn*

06/10/09

(just marking my daily boredom with the franchise, lack of news, and Obsidians closed-mouth policy)

This is high security stuff, man. Lives will be CHANGED.

Or not.

Where's my giant panda?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

So, if the game were hitting the street in October, they shouldn't have screen shots because they just announced it yesterday? The bottom line is, you'd hope they'd done something for the game by now. Maybe they want to play tight lipped because... well... the fate of the free world depends on it or something, but the game is coming out in less than 18 months? Whether they want to show or tell us, they really oughta have something.

What exactly is there to tell anyway, were you expecting in detail descriptions of what's going to be in a game that's years from relase.

This game is not scheduled for release years from now. As I understand it, the release date is sometime in the fall of 2010. They ought to have soemthing to show for the project by now.

Frankly, while I'd enjoy talking about the game and speculating about what the devs are going to do, I don't really care all that much if they play tight lipped. There are other games to discuss. No biggie.

Just don't tell me that the devs don't have anything to show for a title they're allegedly shipping in less than 18 months. If that's really the case, then I don't have a lot of faith they're going to do a very good job of it.

Yep, we sure do have stuff we could show. Not sure there's any compelling reason to show/talk about it now rather than later. Any advantage gained by discussing it now is pretty much trumped by advantages gained by showing/talking later.

* More polished.

* More distinctive.

* More of it.

* More cohesive.

* Will generate better momentum.

If it's good now, it will be better later. If it's bad now, there's not much point to showing it/talking about it. It's loads of fun to talk about everything you tried/screwed up in the first half of a project when it's in a post-mortem. Not so much when you're actually in the midst of it.

See, I would like more info and some basis for discussion, but I can certainly accept waiting to hear more until the devs decide it's time to let slip the dogs of geekdom. No problem.

I can accept the argument that BIS is playing close to the vest better than I believe they have no substantial work done yet.

i get it from sawyers view, if he shows us unfinished stuff we wont be impressed. however, if he just tells us things that are being worked on... like "today I looked over some designs for the hoover dam, looked pretty cool."

then we at least know there is a dam and can talk about something.

ah yes, but then... whining will ensue regardless of anything ever.

i get it from sawyers view, if he shows us unfinished stuff we wont be impressed. however, if he just tells us things that are being worked on... like "today I looked over some designs for the hoover dam, looked pretty cool."

then we at least know there is a dam and can talk about something.

http://twitter.com/jesawyer

Latest Fallout-related: "balancing weapons, one of my favorite activities." and "In the future, the Mojave Desert is filled with hundreds of poorly placed satellite dishes and debug objects."

Stop whining, start researching.

Edited by Mikael Grizzly

Bah, stupid Twitter.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra