SecuROM wont patch!!!

Okay. I have had a lot of problems with this game, as I am running vista, but this forum has proven to be a great resource. I'm am having another problem. I have been playing the game for a while with out the 1.0b patch.

I figured if the game didn't work right why deal with the patch too? Well, after sending an email to SecuROM and receiving a new .exe file and following all the instructions, I decided to patch the game due to a new problem that the patch may have helped with ( on dxun after your party splits and you are in the jungle, the second i cross the line between the turrets the game stops responding. Its still open, hell bao dur's remote is still drifting around, but all the interfaces are gone and i cant move.)

I went to patch the game and I received an error that went: blah blah blah autopatch.txt blah blah blah. So I said no big deal and went to manually patch it. The problem is, the new secuROM file is different from the old exe file and the patch just stops at 95% saying something like the original file is missing, a file by the same name was found but it was not the same. no update done because file contents do not match.

I would really like some help as with all my other problems (black screen, dantooine lag, etc) I really haven't had much of a chance to play.

Thank you.