Pathfinder RPG Previews!

In other interesting Pathfinder RPG news, the popularity of the RPG is exceeding Paizo's expectations. The first print has already been sold out* and the book is not even out for a few more days yet (and according to Paizo, it was their biggest print ever)! The second print has already been ordered.

*I am sure it will still be available in stores (though perhaps not for long) - I suspect the stores did much of the pre-ordering, but I am back in Slovakia at the moment, so I will probably have to wait for the second print to get it. I might just get the $10 PDF of the book, not to have to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

no feedback now that pathfinder has been released?

like many others, Gromnir were hoping (but not expecting) more changes. even so, other than specific rules changes to spells, combat, and skills, Gromnir now sees a genuine reason to devote 20 levels to a non-spellcaster class. were hard to legitimize 20 levels o' paladin in 3.5. 20 levels o' pure rogue were only ever done by HardCore ROLEplayaz... or folks who didn't understand da rulez. some o' the Super Powhaz at level 20 seem a bit too contrived, but is ok with Gromnir as we never play in campaigns that get to 20 anyways.

nobody else got no opinions? odd.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

btw... one wonders how paizo could release the pdf in such terrible condition. many bookmarks is busted and at least a couple pages is out of order. given the number o' pages, the fact that the bookmarks is fubar seriously diminishes usefulness o' the pdf. am wondering how some o' the pdf. problems got missed.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Guess we both have to wait, Barnes and Noble sent me an email the other day stating the release date was pushed back.

well, nothing else to go do...

It has been released already, but the problem is that the first print run already sold out, because the scale of the demand was unanticipated (even though according to the Paizo CEO, this has been the largest print run of any Paizo product [possibly apart from the Dragon and Dungeon magazines - I no longer remember precisely how the CEO phrased it]). They are in the process of doing the second printing now.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/Home

Pathfinder SRD

Some interesting ideas but I will never switch to these rules...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

• 3 weeks later...

It's a lovely game, both in terms of new rules and the new setting, Golarion. We've been playing the first adventure path, Rise of the Runelords, very slowly, but surely. Really, I have just about no complaints, except that I can't really agree with Paizo's decisions on some game content. Fortunately, that's only in PAthfinder Society

And here's my Runelords character, the Varisian(read:gypsy) rogue Niero. Kinda went for an archaeologist feel with some of the traits and skill choices and it's everything but an optimized char, but by Brigh I spent a lot of time on the background.

Golarion is nicely malleable when it comes to what can fit in what can't. Usually the answer is: "just about everything". There's even a cave of chaos on the borderlands(wink wink lol), some people get entombed with the pharaohs(keklol) and suffer the wrath of the kobold king (ohoho). I particularly like Hermea: An ancient gold dragon trying to "enhance" humans, seeing them as frail, by eugenics and magic. And his name is Mengkare. Ahaha, **** you Paizo.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

And here's my Runelords character...

Wow, you guys dont mess around with the Monty Haul. Only level 2 and already pimping +3 and +4 weapons? Or is that not very high in this gaming system?

No, that's the attack bonus(BAB + modifier + misc.) the character has with the weapon in hand, enchantment bonus(if any) is noted before the weapon name. Yes, it can be confusing, but that's the format we apply in the sheets. A year ago when I was just starting to use the wiki, I used to wonder at the +9 bastard swords everyone was carrying. :lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

• 3 weeks later...

Funnily enough, my char just died.

Yeah, bitten to death by a hound of Lamashtu, as ordered by the aasimar priestess Nualia.

Well, that was a fun 2. level character. Didn't guess that Runelords could be this deadly. And as Sandpoint, the main town of the scenario, doesn't really have anyone with high enough casting level to summon Niero from the clutches of death and because the body was left in the tender care of a demon cult six miles into the wilderness, far away from anyone with a good or neutral alignment...well, I'll be making a new character. Preferably one with divine casting levels.

kirottu said: