Dxun Sith Academy Error

Okay. I am running vista and have had this game for about a year now. I have determined this game hates me. The first time I played through the game there were no big errors (except dialogue didn't work on onderon) I was at the trayus academy when I started anew game, but the graphics would not load. I could hear the music, heck I could still hear T3 moving but there was no visual. The even weirder part was, I could still use the menu! I could view the map to see where I was. I never fixed that , problem it just went away. Then I had the dantooine lag problem which refused to respond to any settings change, even the disable vertex buffer thing, untill finally I emailed secuROM and they sent me a new exe. I'm now using that file, but every time I go back to Dxun after Kavar contacts me and head to the sith camp, the second i cross the Gatling turret the game freezes. Sound still works, but my entire computer stops responding.

I would really like some help with this one, Because It would be nice to finish this game within the same decade i bought it.

Thanks in advance

Edited by the dark one

Okay. I am running vista and have had this game for about a year now. I have determined this game hates me. The first time I played through the game there were no big errors (except dialogue didn't work on onderon) I was at the trayus academy when I started anew game, but the graphics would not load. I could hear the music, heck I could still hear T3 moving but there was no visual. The even weirder part was, I could still use the menu! I could view the map to see where I was. I never fixed that , problem it just went away. Then I had the dantooine lag problem which refused to respond to any settings change, even the disable vertex buffer thing, untill finally I emailed secuROM and they sent me a new exe. I'm now using that file, but every time I go back to Dxun after Kavar contacts me and head to the sith camp, the second i cross the Gatling turret the game freezes. Sound still works, but my entire computer stops responding.

I would really like some help with this one, Because It would be nice to finish this game within the same decade i bought it.

Thanks in advance

This is indeed odd. I have experienced this myself once or twice but it always somehow fixed itself. I could say that you should try to install older drivers or perhaps run it in XP-compatibility mode if that is possible. I know that Vista has issues running older games, specifically Knights of the Old Republic II: the Sith Lords. There's been a lot of workarounds posted here on the boards. I suggest you contact LucasArts support, Obsidian or Steam and ask them what the problem might be

The first thing I'd try to do is uninstall my graphical drivers and install perhaps an older or newer version (if such versions exists). Granted I've never ran anything on Vista because of all the bullcrap errors and whatnot you may get from running older games. Some people are trying the new Windows 7, and from what they tell me it is very good and very stable as well. I believe I'll have a look into it as well.

At any rate, I hope the drivers will fix your problems, it sounds like it's a graphical problem since you have no problems with the sound.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

Hey. Well, I guess I can just add this one to the list of WTF?!?!?!? I let the game sit for about an hour frozen and then, BAM it works. This is issue 12 that has been mysteriously solved for no apparent reason. My new problem solving skills include; ignoring help stepping six feet away from the computer and praying the the holy lord. Plus I'm not christian so really, I'm screwed.

Thanks for the help anyways!