Setting I guess

Just wondering if this game will go from Mission straight to another mission or will there be any like city places in between missions or how that will all work out. Will there be side missions? Will you get to chose what missions you do? Missions while bystanders are around? Car driving?

Given that the setting is based heavily on spy movies, I'm wondering if there will be "chase scene" missions. (Either as the pursuer or the pursued.)

They're a staple in the films, but I can see how they could be tough to pull off in a game. (E.g., the engine may not support large enough areas, cars/cycles/fanboats/snowmobiles and other vehicles are probably out, difficulty in such missions can be very hard to get right, etc.) But a scene where the Bad Doodz are chasing my character through a somewhat busy urban location, with multiple options for evading/confronting them, would be unbelieveably awesome.

Edited by Enoch

Given that the setting is based heavily on spy movies, I'm wondering if there will be "chase scene" missions. (Either as the pursuer or the pursued.)

I put it in my request that these *not* be handled like CoD4, where every few steps a bunch of henchmen appear out of nowhere to stall you.

We have a series of safehouses that you go to in between missions. You can check them out in the latest gameplay walkthrough trailer. The safehouses are where you head back to check your email, buy more gear, change up your weapons, armor, and mods, talk to contacts on the videophone, and generally get ready for your next mission.

And yes, you get to choose which missions you want to do, so if you want to play through Rome for a bit, then head over to Moscow for a while, then play through Taipei, you can do that. Or you can finish off Moscow before ever heading to Taipei, etc.

Matthew Rorie

Anyone remember the New Orleans level in Hitman: Blood Money? The one with the extremely crowded streets? I want a chase scene in such a place! THAT would be awesome!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Anyone remember the New Orleans level in Hitman: Blood Money? The one with the extremely crowded streets? I want a chase scene in such a place! THAT would be awesome!

Agreed, though I don't think Obsidian has the tech in place for crowds, otherwise they would've been showing it off.

Now that Rorie has bitten on this thread, I'd like to pose a further question: is there any gameplay significance to traveling between hubs or the order in which you do missions? How do the main missions fit into the overall structure?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, "A Murder of Crows," loved that level. Would be pretty cool if you could do that. Hey, big crowds means its easy for someone to miss the knife coming up from behind them. Not to mention the gun casually hidden from view behind your leg but still ready to use at a moments notice. Add in a chase scene and you've got my vote.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Basically the hubs are exactly like the planets in K2. I'm a bit disapointed, non-linearity is fun but at this point its just 4 separate missions. No reason to move around each hub a lot.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Basically the hubs are exactly like the planets in K2. I'm a bit disappointed, non-linearity is fun but at this point its just 4 separate missions. No reason to move around each hub a lot.

Not true, if you wanna accomplish certain goals that can only be completed by going to multiple locals (and you want to complete those goals first) then its important to be able to move from hub to hub at will. Then again, I personally never went to another planet until I was done with the one I'm on. (unless I had to for a character specific side quest)

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud