Thi4f finally revealed!

H

What are the chances the first post about this would be complaining about the name?

Anyway, I want screenshots or video or something damnit.

On their twitter page it says:

Two more interviews today, this time for print media!8:42 AM May 8th

I'm guessing we won't find out any real info until mags with exclusive stories are out.

I just noticed this on the EM site:

"Were in the early development stages for Thief 4, but this is an incredibly ambitious project and a very exciting one. It's too early for us to offer any specific game details, right now we are focused on recruiting the very best talent to join the core team at the studio and help us make, what we believe will be one of the most exciting games on the market."

Stephane D'Astous - General Manager

So I guess we won't be seeing much of anything for a while.

From Ren

Edited by Hell Kitty

So it'll end up Thief: Some Subtitle.

Thief: Thi4f

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yay?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If it doesn't have Hammerites I will be a sad panda. ;)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Ye shall not rob from the house I have built. Or commit any theft or unrighteousness, lest ye be struck down and driven into the earth forthwith, and the land of the heathen consume you.

--The Book of Stone

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

With Garrett's story arc over, I imagine we'll be playing a new character. I do hope the core gameplay remains unchanged. Overall, I'm curious.

But no matter the outcome (this may be a success, or an 'Invisible War'), it will never change the fact that Looking Glass' Thief games are a little slice of heaven.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

The thief franchise is too closely associated with Garret. He'll be back. I don't think they care too much about the continuity of the story arc compared with that.

What is this Thief "franchise" you speak of? There was only one Thief game on my Xbox.

20795.jpg

ehhh ....

Thief 4.. as in 1, 2, 3, 4..

My point is that nobody will care if Eidos makes any changes to the setting of Thief simply because 50% of their target audience didn't play previous games. Some die-hard fans will protest, but then they will be quickly dubbed whiners who hate for the sake of hating. You know, a bit like what happened to NMA.

20795.jpg

Even all these years later the Thief 1 opening title sequence is probably my favorite ever in a game.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Yay!

I don't really like the naming stuff taking a dive and going back to the 80s, though. For now Thief 4 shall be known as ThiAf for me.

Their PR/marketing department must be either dead or staffed with blind monkeys. Was Th4ef taken? What the hell is wrong with Thief 4 or Thief IV?

Edited by Purkake

Rope arrows and/or climbing plz! Preferably both.

The new main character will be named Thiaf!

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man