BREAKING NEWS: NEW DRAGON AGE GOTY TRAILER

I cannot believe all the crying over a silly trailer. LMAO Espicially since most of the whiners on the net are either a) hate BIO anyways so BIO could litterally crap gold and give everyone a nugget and they still hate on them or b) Made the decision to buy the game years ago and will end up buying, playing, and enjoying the game when it is released even if they publicly bash it. Exceptions, of course, do exist, and kudos to them.

Here's a newsflash, people: BIo doens't really have to market the game to the BIO or BG or 'hardcore RPG' fanboys as they already have that money locked up. It's the casuals/people who love other genres who BIo has to convince to buy their game. In essence, the RPG/BIO fanbase are basically irrelevant in the marketing scheme of things. R00fles!

In conclusion, this trailer - while far from my favorite - was a smashing success.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

SEE I TOLD YOU ALL VOLO WOULD DO THIS!

Crap trailer, and yes I will buy dragon age.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

"SEE I TOLD YOU ALL VOLO WOULD DO THIS!"

Conviently you forgot my earlier post where I state my actual opinion on the trailer. *shrug*

"Crap trailer, and YES I WILL *BUY* DRAGON AGE."

Game over.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

In conclusion, this trailer - while far from my favorite - was a smashing success.

Funnily enough, my quick sampling suggests that Volo has the best grip in reality out of all of us. :shrugz:

While one suspects it, it's always surprising to see so many people jump out of the undergrowth to scream their delight at this kind of trailer. It probably did have a positive net effect for Bio in terms of sales and audience sizes (if not for other markers).

Funnily enough, my quick sampling suggests that Volo has the best grip in reality out of all of us. :)

While one suspects it, it's always surprising to see so many people jump out of the undergrowth to scream their delight at this kind of trailer. It probably did have a positive net effect for Bio in terms of sales and audience sizes (if not for other markers).

I'm sure operas would also sell more tickets(or at least grab a different audience) if they advertised with action movie style posters featuring hot chicks and blood-drenched space marines.

Should we always dilute everything down to the lowest common denominator?

Nope. I despise the trailer and what they are doing. But that doesn't mean I am not blind to its effects or that it constitutes a certain sort of 'success'.

I'm holding off on this one. Of course, I stopped buying Bio titles sight unseen a long time ago. Hey, no harm no foul. I don't expect them to care whether I buy their games and I don't hold it against them for making some games I don't like. If this one looks good and gets some positive reviews, I'll buy it.

I've been thinking of buying Mass Effect for a long time. Geez, it must be years by now.

You might be suprised.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm holding off on this one. Of course, I stopped buying Bio titles sight unseen a long time ago. Hey, no harm no foul. I don't expect them to care whether I buy their games and I don't hold it against them for making some games I don't like. If this one looks good and gets some positive reviews, I'll buy it.

I've been thinking of buying Mass Effect for a long time. Geez, it must be years by now.

Mass Effect is a very good game, just get the XBox 360 version. Its less buggy and doesn't have SecuROM.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Mass Effect is a very good game, just get the XBox 360 version. Its less buggy and doesn't have SecuROM.

Don't forget the even-suckier-than-PC combat system. That's a solid selling point...

Guest PoziomyPion
^You should skim the 40-something page thread over at Bioware. Its got everything from praise to "Im quitting the forum", lol.

EDIT: Oh, and sorry for that edit you had to do up there Gorth, I figured if I replaced a letter with an asterisk it wouldnt be a big deal.

I did, it was fun reading all that drama. It never gets boring.

It's on GameTrailers now: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/49052.html

Judging by the comments Bioware nailed it ! Kids liked it.

At first i figured that they liked it because of guilty pleasure, like i for example, have a huge crush on '80s action movies. A simple 'It's so bad it is good'-reaction you might call it. But really...

Who are those people? Do they interact with people on an everyday basis? Do they only crawl out at night?

For the sake of humanity I hope the second option is valid.

Don't forget the even-suckier-than-PC combat system. That's a solid selling point...

Or the fact that the mako controls worse.

I would consider the xbox 360 version if I owned one, Killian. I'm just not a console guy. I owned an xbox for a long time. Actually, it's out in the garage, so I guess I still do. Anyhow, the upshot is that I just couldn't get into any of the consoles I've tried. No biggie. I think it's great that they exist and I'm glad folks enjoy them, just not for me. *shrug*

Eh, the point is that was a rip-off of the 300 trailer. From the commander's voice barking a speech to the slow-mo bloodbath, the choice of song and right down to the sex scene.

Oh, wtf... that's pretty uncalled for.

I don't really know what to think of this game. It seems pretty last gen and redundant.

Looks like Bioware and EA found their new segment of players

Granted, it
Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy