BREAKING NEWS: NEW DRAGON AGE GOTY TRAILER

Marketing campaign has been horrible, "we've got blood and sex, and it's really dark, I mean super duper dark, and did I mention we have blood?", but that doesn't mean the game will be bad, they're just marketing to the LCD trying to improve their sales.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Marketing campaign has been horrible, "we've got blood and sex, and it's really dark, I mean super duper dark, and did I mention we have blood?", but that doesn't mean the game will be bad, they're just marketing to the LCD trying to improve their sales.

You forgot "epic" :(

"I anyone can start and arguement by taking a retarded stance it's Volo."

Don't be a troll, BLANK. :(

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That's not trolling, that's just flaming.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

That's not trolling, that's just flaming.

Be quiet you deutschmark!

Yeah, you heard me, you obsolete west german currency! You are full of 100 pfennigs.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

My problem is the apparent need to have a "violence" trailer. Did Mass Effect have a violence trailer? It didn't even have a lot (any?) blood and it sold well. This makes Bioware look desperate.

Didn't ME have a trailer advertising blue alien sex? Its just a marketing strategy not aimed at traditional Bio fans(because lets face it, they already have their dollar), one that will most likely boost sales.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Didn't ME have a trailer advertising blue alien sex? Its just a marketing strategy not aimed at traditional Bio fans(because lets face it, they already have their dollar), one that will most likely boost sales.

Boosting sales at the risk of alienating their loyal fanbase. EA strikes again.

On another note, did that mentioned ME trailer feature Eiffel 65 music? I forget.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Guest PoziomyPion

I can already imagine FOX NEWS reporting on that game (I hope they do!):

0_42_friel_miller1.jpgFOX CHICK: A Canadian game developer Bioware known recently by making MassEffect, a game in which you can sodomize certain characters, male,female or even LESBIAN ALIENS stirrs up more controversy with their new game: Dragon Age!

Apparently Dragon Age is all about killing, torturing, spilling blood of innocent people and sodomizing , raping, having unprotected sex with random people and blood drenched DRAGONS who are anatomically correct!

MR. Gaider can you give us your opinion on that matter? Did this trailer really show in-game content?

0479501.jpgFATTY: Yeah, but...

0_42_friel_miller1.jpgFOX CHICK: OMG!HIDE YOUR CHILDREN FROM THOSE PERVY CANADIANS! KILL 'EM! KILL 'EM ALL! Now let's move on to another news!

Edited by PoziomyPion

Hmm, I was fine with the video but the choice of soundtrack made me raise my eyebrows. Not that I have an aversion to cursing but Im pretty surprised that a professional, public company would so freely attach a song entited "This is the new ****" to a trailer released worldwide.

*shakes cane at everyone*

Edited by Gorth
Circumventing language filter

I didn't really have a problem with the trailer other than it was repetitive (but then it was called violence, so I should have seen that coming).

Didn't listen with the sound up so no thoughts on the song.

Actually the only thing I couldn't help but thinking was that I really wish Bioware would fix the necks on their people. Most people's necks aren't actually the same length as their head.

I've seen that exact same neck distortion since at least KotOR... ;)

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Think the trailer'd been better if they played the sword backstabbing scenes to the tune of

Now it's you-know-who

I've got the you-know-what

I stick it in the you-know-where

You know why, you don't care

Now it's you-know-who

Now it's you-know-who

Now it's you-know-who

Spreading beauty with my katana.

^You should skim the 40-something page thread over at Bioware. Its got everything from praise to "Im quitting the forum", lol.

EDIT: Oh, and sorry for that edit you had to do up there Gorth, I figured if I replaced a letter with an asterisk it wouldnt be a big deal.

Edited by Gfted1

It's on GameTrailers now: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/49052.html

Judging by the comments Bioware nailed it ! Kids liked it.

At first i figured that they liked it because of guilty pleasure, like i for example, have a huge crush on '80s action movies. A simple 'It's so bad it is good'-reaction you might call it. But really...

Who are those people? Do they interact with people on an everyday basis? Do they only crawl out at night?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Eh, the point is that was a rip-off of the 300 trailer. From the commander's voice barking a speech to the slow-mo bloodbath, the choice of song and right down to the sex scene.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"