BREAKING NEWS: NEW DRAGON AGE GOTY TRAILER

Volourn will be here soon.

I anyone can start and arguement by taking a retarded stance it's Volo.

Seriously though, I can't even watch that trailer again its so fracking crap! How it's been done is all wrong... The music, the pacing, the choice of scenes etc... WRONG WRONG WRONG.

It's achieved one thing, a bunch of people say7ing how crap it is so EA will be happy as we're talking about it.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Bioware is the definition of mainstream. They never do anything unexpected. Using Marilyn Manson for the music in one of their trailers was unexpected. I like that (and Manson).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Seriously, though, this trailer was aimed at a different demographic than classical CRPG players. Although it seems much maligned both here and on BioWare boards, it is nothing to get worked up about - after all, expanding the popularity of CRPGs by marketing the game to people in other game market segments may get them to play the CRPG and some of them might find that CRPGs actually have a lot to offer, thus expanding the market for them and benefiting us all. :ermm:

The trailer doesn't necessarily show all that the game is about. I'm sure you could make a trailer like this from most games. What saddens me is that they will happily whore out the game so that the Gears of War and Halo audience will go "blood and boobs, F yeah!" instead of "ugh nerdy wizards". It just cheapens the game and all the "spiritual successor" stuff, whether it turns out to be true or not.

Edited by Purkake

Wow, I didn't expect this kind of backlash!!111!!11 GOTY GOTY GOTY GOTY

DRAGON AAAAAGEE

I guess the Hades demographic didn't show up yet. COME TO ME, THEN! WE SHALL MAKE THIS LAST NIGHT TOGETHER SOMETHING TO REMEMBER!!

I can't wait to enslave nations with necromancy.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

They could've put less spoilers in the trailer. I didn't want to know who the bad guy, or one of the bad guys, is.

The trick is to know nothing about the characters/story. For me it was just a bunch of dudes/chicks saying LotR stuff.

Ignorance FTW!

Edited by Purkake

The completely ironic thing is, using that song, they should have probably read the lyrics first (do a google search).

I'd post the lyrics, but for obvious reasons (language) I won't.

Comedy Gold.

I just read the lyrics. Bioware(EA) must've done this trailer with a great sense of humor, anything else is teh lulz of epic proportions.

And yeah, i can't wait to enslave nations with necromancy; it's gonna be awesome.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Maybe the trailer is aimed as a shot across the bows of nay-sayers like us, the previously faithful hardcore who have fallen by the wayside.

"Look at us!" it says, "we get it! We're with the cognoscenti* We're ironic and like Marilyn Manson! We can rip our own game a new one BECAUSE IT'S THAT COOL."

Alternatively, they could just be really, really sad.

Hey, LET'S MAKE THIS A NIGHT TO REMEMBER DHF fans!

* I was one of the cognoscenti, circa 1987.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Well that was amazing.

Forgetting Manson and all that for now, if you just look at the in-game content it seems to show:

1) Sex scene is pure crap and designed purely to indulge; there is no excuse about 'character development' or anything.

2) For me 0:26 exemplifies the problem; the bit where the guy in the armour raises his arms in a wide shot while making that speech. What you see is that when DA's not doing its cutscenes with all those movie zoom ups the visuals really fall flat - okay, so you're going to go 'dark heroic epic' route, but you're holding that speech in a room that holds as much atmosphere as a ladies' sewing club?

3) So okay, big battles in tactical RPGs? Great. But uh, how exactly will DA's combat system not become a slodgefest with that particular kind of LOTR-battles?

Now, without forgetting Manson and all that;

1) Does this really work? I'm powerfully interested, so kudos to DA for letting me see it in action.

The video itelf was great; but definiotely over the top which, of course, was the whole point of a video termed 'Violence'.

So its just a joke then? Makes sense especially when taking the videos labeled "Gameplay" into account.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

I've been surprised by the raging this trailer has caused, people really need to step back and look at what this is, I mean its called the Violence trailer, so surprise surprise its violent. But now we have the 'hardcore' complaining thats its all blood and sex, completly forgetting everything thats been previously said/shown about the game, do you all have 3 second memories?

If I showed you all a 90 second trailer of dialogue from Oblivion would that make you all believe that it was the second coming of 'Planescape'? Or if I showed you 90 second trailer of AP that contained gun battles and sex would you all make the same statements? Something tells me no....( I hope)

Then there is comercial failure comments.... :(

One thing I agree on, not their best trailer....

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I've been surprised by the raging this trailer has caused, people really need to step back and look at what this is, I mean its called the Violence trailer, so surprise surprise its violent. But now we have the 'hardcore' complaining thats its all blood and sex, completly forgetting everything thats been previously said/shown about the game, do you all have 3 second memories?

If I showed you all a 90 second trailer of dialogue from Oblivion would that make you all believe that it was the second coming of 'Planescape'? Or if I showed you 90 second trailer of AP that contained gun battles and sex would you all make the same statements? Something tells me no....( I hope)

I think whatever people say, the real complaint is the music choice. If they used scoring even mildly appropriate people would've just been like "oh, another DA trailer."

One thing I agree on, not their best trailer....

My problem is the apparent need to have a "violence" trailer. Did Mass Effect have a violence trailer? It didn't even have a lot (any?) blood and it sold well. This makes Bioware look desperate.

My problem is the apparent need to have a "violence" trailer. Did Mass Effect have a violence trailer? It didn't even have a lot (any?) blood and it sold well. This makes Bioware look desperate.

It seemed like a pretty typical trailer to me. They showed some NPCs giving speeches, *some* combat (they've been showing off the mass battle scene in almost every official trailer anyway), some NPC interaction. Calling it a "violence" trailer doesn't change the actual content, which is nothing out of the ordinary for game trailers.

It seemed like a pretty typical trailer to me. They showed some NPCs giving speeches, *some* combat (they've been showing off the mass battle scene in almost every official trailer anyway), some NPC interaction. Calling it a "violence" trailer doesn't change the actual content, which is nothing out of the ordinary for game trailers.

They did push the point by having a special-made bloody EA logo and ending it with a dragon-like blood splatter.

As for an interesting trailer I always liked the Dead Space "lullaby" trailer, too bad the game was a 12-hour snorefest...

Edited by Purkake

They could've put less spoilers in the trailer. I didn't want to know who the bad guy, or one of the bad guys, is.

The trick is to know nothing about the characters/story. For me it was just a bunch of dudes/chicks saying LotR stuff.

Ignorance FTW!

Exactly. When I heard there were spoilers, I was like, "oh really?"

They did push the point by having a special-made bloody EA logo and ending it with a dragon-like blood splatter.

As for an interesting trailer I always liked the Dead Space "lullaby" trailer, too bad the game was a 12-hour snorefest...

Dead Space was a fine action game. Just not a good horror one.

And I believe you can hear the lullaby in the bridge elevator.

Dead Space was a fine action game. Just not a good horror one.

And I believe you can hear the lullaby in the bridge elevator.

Yeah, it would have been just as good if it had been half as long.

I was just saying that the trailer really sold me on the game. It's haunting and atmospheric instead of looking like a b-grade action flick.