BREAKING NEWS: NEW DRAGON AGE GOTY TRAILER

It wouldn't bother me as much if it wasn't a complete rip-off of the 300 trailer.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Dear god... what was that?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Me thinks that EA's marketing team released this instead of BioWare, without any sort of communication before hand.

Dear god... what was that?

What BIS' Fallout 3 was killed off for. :)

Me thinks that EA's marketing team released this instead of BioWare, without any sort of communication before hand.

We can only hope that was the case. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Just checked the forums... and they LOVE IT.

:)

That entire video STINKS of EA brand marketing, absolute CRAP!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Wow. An almost unversal negative reaction here. Pretty unusual. Nobody's even arguing. :)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Volourn will be here soon.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

-tried to post a rant defending praising the video. My skills are not up to it I guess. I will be back with version 4 later-

Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

:banghead:

I'm going to guess you didn't actually read the 44 page thread about the trailer, in which dozens of people say they don't like it. Or the locked threads in which people say they don't like it.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

:banghead:

I'm going to guess you didn't actually read the 44 page thread about the trailer, in which dozens of people say they don't like it. Or the locked threads in which people say they don't like it.

No I did not. But I did write that post hastily.

The video itelf was great; but definiotely over the top which, of course, was the whole point of a video termed 'Violence'.

However, that song is one worst songs ever. I hope it will not be in the actual game 'cause that will make DA's soundtrack the worst BIO game soundtrack ever on that one song alone.

H O R R I B L E

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Music was horrible. Video reminded me of some of the lower quality WoW fanfiction movies. Actually this movie was worse as framerate of the game seem to be choppy as hell and it makes already blocky characters look even worse. Hopefully movie was made by some unknown alpha/beta tester and not by anyone at Bioware or EA.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

The truly sad thing is, the Marketing Department at EA has never marketed an RPG before..... And have no idea what to do.

So..... violence and sex sells..... profits!

I honestly really really feel sad for Bioware.

Actually:

Who is actually responsible for this trailer?

BioWare.

Seriously, though, this trailer was aimed at a different demographic than classical CRPG players. Although it seems much maligned both here and on BioWare boards, it is nothing to get worked up about - after all, expanding the popularity of CRPGs by marketing the game to people in other game market segments may get them to play the CRPG and some of them might find that CRPGs actually have a lot to offer, thus expanding the market for them and benefiting us all. :banghead: