First Beyond Good And Evil 2 gameplay footage

Kotaku got their hands on some pretty convincing looking footage of what appears to be Beyond Good And Evil 2.

Looks pretty slick, maybe they finally found a worthy use for the Assassin's Creed engine.

EDIT: Probably not gameplay footage, but a CG trailer. Still awesome!

Edited by Purkake

Pre-animated at the very least.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yeah I was going to add that after looking at it more closely.

What matters is that it looks like they haven't screwed up BGE 2 yet. I love that they kept the cartoonish style.

The stealthy reporter seems to have turned into Lara Croft or the girl from Mirror's Edge overnight. That video doesn't seem to take place in Hillys either. I really wonder what the story will be, considering the way the game ended with that huge cliffhanger.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The stealthy reporter seems to have turned into Lara Croft or the girl from Mirror's Edge overnight. That video doesn't seem to take place in Hillys either. I really wonder what the story will be, considering the way the game ended with that huge cliffhanger.

Hillys was just one planet, maybe this is an India-style planet?

I hope that this is the actiony part, like when you were escaping the evil flying dude on the rooftops. They are probably not going to make a pre-rendered trailer showing stealth.

From the camera angles, I'd say yes. At the same time, AC looked a great deal like that so it could still be in-engine.

Jade was a stealthy reporter but she was also acrobatic and used martial arts. In fact, I'd say she did more stick-fu than stealthing. The original Beyond Good and Evil used almost the same engine as Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Jade was a stealthy reporter but she was also acrobatic and used martial arts. In fact, I'd say she did more stick-fu than stealthing. The original Beyond Good and Evil used almost the same engine as Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

Yes, but nonetheless if you botched the stealth in the missions featuring the bucket-head enemies with their hammers it was quite hard to stay alive. In these cases the only option was spamming that whirlwind power attack and hoping to be lucky.

I hope the sequel will feature some of the co-op of the first game, "Jet-Boots Attack!!" and "Carlson & Peeters!!!" was simply awesome.

one thing is already certain: the music is going to be top-notch as Christophe H

Christophe Heral is back on board? Awesome.

BGE's gameplay was always a decent, unobtrusive adventure game that wasn't too easy or too hard - really the selling points for me was the atmosphere (visuals, sound, dialogue, etc) + a pretty good story. If they can do that again I'm game.

I hope they keep the overall atmosphere of the game a little light-hearted. I really enjoyed the overall design of the first game. I never really go for the picture taking minigames some games throw at me, but for some reason, the picture taking in BGE was fun. So were the vehicle sections.The game was just plain fun.

I'm so excited. All that hoping paid off. I just hope this one doesnt bomb cause I dont think Ancel has the clout the push the series past the marketing division a third time.

As long as they don't release the game together with say Assassin's Creed 2, it should be fine. BG&E was released at about the same time as Sands of Time - madness. The fact alone that Ubisoft allowed this sequel to be made was already a huge surprise for me. Ancel must've done some serious lobbying.

I'm so excited. All that hoping paid off. I just hope this one doesnt bomb cause I dont think Ancel has the clout the push the series past the marketing division a third time.

As long as they don't release the game together with say Assassin's Creed 2, it should be fine. BG&E was released at about the same time as Sands of Time - madness. The fact alone that Ubisoft allowed this sequel to be made was already a huge surprise for me. Ancel must've done some serious lobbying.

Apparently he sold his soul and the evil Ubisoft overlords made him develop 66 Rayman Raving Rabbids games before he could make this.

:shifty: TBH telling what made BG&E a good game was always a trouble for me. The stealth was good but nothing fancy (like smoke/flash bombs, spider-mans etc) , the combat was stick-fu; immensely enjoyable and somehow standing on the border of too simple, too hard and too much deadly realistic... I, I cant really put this into eloquent worlds; the whole game was just GOOD. Never perfect maybe but never without an unoriginal or funny or breathtaking moment too.

And on Jade getting Parkour moves, well if you remember she was a bloody loaded spring jumping around, rolling and platforming on rooftops; It feels to me the game play tech needed to mature a lot to give her skills some justified use instead of the usual new gimmick patched on the game...

Then again, as I am understanding now, I am a FAN of Jade and the "Jet-Boots Attack!!" and "Carlson & Peeters!!!". Funny how such a game can make me a become a fan in my subconcious without me realising it.

Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Apparently he sold his soul and the evil Ubisoft overlords made him develop 66 Rayman Raving Rabbids games before he could make this.

Small price to pay.

Small price to pay.

He died for our sins.

He didnt work on any of the Rabbid games. He only came up with the characters and the concept. His Rabbids game, a platformer starring Rayman, was never made.

I dont even think he is working on the Rabbids adventure game.

So based on dissecting the trailer, we know that the "Faith" moves will probably be in the game. We will probably see the Vehicle chase/race sections back too based on the end of the cutscene. (I likes how they hijacked the aerocrane that probably came to their rescue when their car broke down in desert.

I wonder if the sneaky and free journalism bits are still in the game. No camera spotted so far in trailers :shifty:

Also since they are probably using the Edge system we should probably say goodbye to pre-set Stick-Fu battle sections too. damn. :(

Edited by cronicler

Damn, the pearls. Those blasted PEARLS. TO HELL WITH THE PEARLS!

What? NO! Of course you can't see my precioussses pearls! They are miiiineees!

Now that you reminded me, Those pearls were such a pain to get :thumbsup:. Obsession is the key I guess :p

Edited by cronicler