Need some help with patching.

Ok so I decided to play thu kotor2 for .. yuhhhh probably 15th time now but anyway...

so I install kotor2 hit updater get spat in the face saying its missing some text document related to patching.... im pretty sure it was implemented in later versions of updater. anyway so it suggests manually patching the game ... ok fine ... so i go to lucasart site get the 200424_to210427 patch run it... get to 95% check it comes across swconfig.exe and spits out that it cant find file of older version patch aborted... ;)... first of all why the hell is patch aborted just because identical file is present omg... second i cant seem to find a way to get over this... i asummed i might have some odd version cd's so i downloaded uk patch that one failed even faster i tryed reinstalling game same thing.

sooo whats up with that? the patch says 200424 and that is version of my game. ... and uhh im on xp so there shouldnt be any issues with vistas horrible compatibility.

Edited by HiSaZuL

so anyone got any ideas... lucasart support is about the same quality as ea if it means playing unpatched version of kotor i'd probably pass then. first play through i spent a good 50-60 hours backtracking glitchy quests or complete game breakers and i really don't feel like doing that on a replay.

The patch doesn't really fix any quests, just a few odd hardware compatibility issues (if the feed back is anything to go by, it introduces more trouble than the patch is worth). Only patch I bother with is the media patch which gives you better quality music and higher resolution movies.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The patch doesn't really fix any quests, just a few odd hardware compatibility issues (if the feed back is anything to go by, it introduces more trouble than the patch is worth). Only patch I bother with is the media patch which gives you better quality music and higher resolution movies.

i thought patch included all previous patches in it.... if so it did fix a bunch of stuff... if nothing else a bunch of broken dialogs missing journal entries and alot of crash issues. whats odd i really cant find anyone else with same problem anything closely related is only when people install patch for wrong language -_-

on side note onderon is game breaker for me usually w/o patch not sure why but after a certain point any map transition on it causes instant crash .... its fine for a long time but right about the time you finaly head for palace it just goes nuts cant even warp... not sure if its caused by some specific quest/influence choices or what not but first time around i was close to giving up on game after first or second patch if i remember correctly it finally stopped crashing.

Edited by HiSaZuL

Are you using the correct patch for your version of the game? The US patch won't work on international versions and with the international versions, you need to install the 1.0a patch before you install the 1.0b patch.

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of War!

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

99.9% sure i'm using the right patch my version is 200424 English... its ether from gamestop or target and i tried uk one with 2 patches and they don't work at all as expected.. ahhh well i'm giving up on this like i said before with the way i play first time i played kotor2 i waisted about 40-50 hours on pure backtracking and had a few hundreds saves don't feel like a hassle like that is justified by anything when you replay a game.... fun fact if you use cracked copy patch actually installs but game crashes lol

heh i finally got it patched.... now however it crashes right before main menu with no errors ROFL

well anyway if anyone runs into a problem of patching legit copy of kotor2 disable zone alarm active scan or/and active vertex

and for nvidia cards if you crash and don't even get an error message just roll back your drivers....

drivers that dont work would be 185.85 32bit (GeForce/ION Driver Release 185).

anyway hope this helps a few that run across my problems.... ehh now im afraid to start game and see a big box with red letters saying something along the lines of "HA HA HA... bet you thought you can play now?"

Edited by HiSaZuL