KOTOR II

I just figured out a new item in the game!

Cortosis Armor

Defense 10

Max Dexterity +0

Due to the cortosis weave on this rare armor, it gives the wearer a small little bonus I like to call BEING IMPERVIOUS TO ALL LIGHTSABER ATTACKS!!!

I'm didn't like the whole cortosis thing.

I can understand it from a game play perspective but it still seems a little forced.

Isn't cortosis supposed to be extremely rare and therefore incredibly expensive? Every sword that you pick up has a cortosis weave.

Cortosis armor...they did that in Jedi Knight 2 didn't they?

I don't think cortosis makes you impervious to lightsaber damage. It just repels the energy from the lightsaber more effectively, but I remember that it can eventually be cut through with a lightsaber(I think from a EU SW novel where Luke and Mara Jade have to cut through some rocks with cortosis deposits)

I believe that cortis interupts the energy flow in a lightsaber causing it to shut off, but it can be cut through with enough time. Cortis armor is impracticle because cortis is extremely brittle and if it had enough cortis in it to stop a lightsaber, any other weapon would just cut right through it.

I also believe that, according to the Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia, it takes a skilled force user to form cortosis to a shape of his will, so your average storekeeper having plenty of Cortosis stuff for sale in his store in KotOR does leave room for a lot of pondering...

Of course there is always the possibility of your average jedi Blacksmith earning a living crafting cortosis stuff for people <_<

I also believe that, according to the Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia, it takes a skilled force user to form cortosis to a shape of his will, so your average storekeeper having plenty of Cortosis stuff for sale in his store in KotOR does leave room for a lot of pondering...

Of course there is always the possibility of your average jedi Blacksmith earning a living crafting cortosis stuff for people <_<

On the other hand the echani (SP?) could be the ones making all this stuff. Also the level of technology from KOTOR to the OT doesn't seem to change much so whos to really say that most of the stuff with cortosis in it wasn't made 1000 years ago by accient jedi who fell in battle and that it was just repaired sicne then.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Taken from the Unofficial SW Encyclopedia:

Despite its resistance to the blade of a lightsaber, cortosis was unstable in the presence of explosives, and would shatter if hit with a grenade.

You should be able to just throw a frag grenade and goodbye world then. So much for an all-powerful armor :D

If there was to be a cortosis weave on some armor, it would only be at certain key points, such as around the neck, shoulder, and wrist with a small strip over the hip. It would provide great protection against lightsabers, plus no blaster bolts would be heading for those areas.

Due to all the great thoughts brought up in this posts I will tell Akari to go ahead and remove it (we're tight like that). <Sigh> Guess this will be a good time to introduce my latest idea! The new top secret Death Star Firing Codes! A planet giving you trouble? No problem! We can take care of that.