Chris Avellone says more words.

Ping5000

It's already found at the Obsidian Entertainment News although I wonder how many people visit there.

As for the article, information about Alpha Protocol and FO3 is new but, other stuff is rather obvious.

Some designers begin their design work with their frustration against some dominant factors in established works. Warren Spector mentioned his frustration against existing games is a strong driving force to design games in a blog entry. I think this type of designers are, basically, challengers at heart even after they may have make some successful games. While reading this article, an interview with creators of South Park came to my mind somehow (although, personally, I'm not into it). It was something like: "We started this work by making fun of famous people we hate but, through the work, we became famous, ending up with having to hate ourselves." :( I guess these creators cannot but travel through rather lonely a road of their versions of "Hegelian dialectic". :)

Personally, I like the works by Chris Avellone despite their flaws, but, somehow, I tend to imagine him rather a difficult person, someone in the line of...well, Kraia or Ravel. :lol:

He hates them.

But he loves us, right? Right?

Well, I'd say that it's typical fan psychology. In reality, liking a work of someone has nothing to do with the possibility that he/she is a likable individual. He may/may not hate fan of his works. As long as what we touch are his works, I don't think there is a problem with it. :(

Guest PoziomyPion
He hates them.

But he loves us, right? Right?

I'm afraid he only loves your money kirottu. It's sad but thats how it is...

:lol::verymad::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
So Fallout 3 was designed around there being another party of adventurers out there in the world at the same time as you. Over the course of the game you will encounter this other party and experience how their actions have influenced the world. Along the way you

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So Fallout 3 was designed around there being another party of adventurers out there in the world at the same time as you. Over the course of the game you will encounter this other party and experience how their actions have influenced the world. Along the way you

I don't think Avallone is the end all be all of CRPGs anyhow. Not that I like making comments to serve as sharkbait for fanboys, but he's a solid writer with some cache in the industry. His work is uneven, but I've had a lot of fun playing games he's done, so I guess I'm a fan. I was impressed with Gan a hell of a lot more than Kreia. Since Kreia is hugely popular, I guess the problem must be with me.

As I get older, I lose patience with CRPGs because of the dialogue. Most of it isn't worth reading, so anything that cuts down on the amount of dialogue but still gets important story ideas to the player are good in my book.

Yeah well my dad is an engineer. No one messes with an engineer. Not even Jedi.

Unless, of course, it is a jedi engineer.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

• 4 weeks later...
He doesn't hate them. I got that he gets more creative through his frustration. Very good blogg by the way. It's all very exciting and I can't wait to play some of his new games. :p

I agree; It doesn't sound like he hates CRPGs so much to me, but rather that it allows him to be more creative by hating the preconceived limitations presented in CRPG development. It seems to me that, if he really hated CRPGs in general, he would more likely be focused on developing arcade-style games.

Edited by Selene Moonsong