Will I be able to eat babies in this game?

I don't mean "eat babies" literally, but as a metaphor for "be a jerk for no reason." Can I, for example, purposefully give people poison instead of medicine, for no real gain? Can I manipulate my allies and get them to kill each other? Can I commit an act of genocide?

I've been reconsidering this game, and I suppose most of it's design decisions aren't too bad, and I'm reconsidering a purchase, but if I can't be pure evil...

Omnomnomnomnomnomnom

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Somehow the idea of causing a genocide doesn't as fun to me.

But shooting in the kneecaps whenever I feel like it would be awesome too.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hey, guys, will I be able to start a nuclear war? If not, I probably won't be buying the game, because I want to be able to be truly evil. What kind of spy game is this if you can't bring about the end of the lives of a large chunk of the world's population?

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I really doubt that providing a platform for cackling, moustache-twirling, cartoon-villain evil is particularly high on Obsidian's list of priorities. Everything I've read about the game says that it's focused on morally ambiguous choices. Throwing in options for gratuitous acts of puppy drowning would undercut the impact and drama inherent in such decisions.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh I'm sure you can "eat babies." The question is: can you beat them up first?

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud