NHL

That's his third suspension, so that explains why it is 8 games and not just a couple. I'm not a big fan of the skating full speed across the ice with the intention of laying someone out. It's one thing to finish your checks, it's another to just run around trying to kill people.

8 games? That's pretty harsh. 10% of the season gone, just like that. I wonder if Campbell decided to put his foot down because it was so obviously a retaliation hit or if it's because he's a repeat offender? Maybe both.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

WTF? The Coyotes are tied for first in the Western conference?

Yeah, it's crazy. The Coyotes and the Kings have really been pretty amazing stories this season.

My Sharks are also in a complete tailspin. I actually think it is good to not finish in first place this season, because Detroit is a nightmare first round opponent. But it's getting a bit frightening. Maybe they are just trying to get the losses out of their system before they hit the playoffs or something.

I'm not confident that Detroit will make the post season. I hate to say it, but I'd rather see Calgary make the cut, only to be swept in the first round.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'm not confident that Detroit will make the post season. I hate to say it, but I'd rather see Calgary make the cut, only to be swept in the first round.

I don't think Calgary is all that appealing as a first round opponent either. Here is my list of postseason teams, 1 being most comfortable and 8 being scariest.

1. Nashville - We've been here before. They just don't have the skill guys

2. Los Angeles - Very young, including the tender.

3. Colorado - Basically LA with better fans.

4. Phoenix - Scary because of Doan and Bryzgaloff, but I don't think they have the depth.

5. Calgary - Again, Iginla and Kipper can ruin any teams day, but depth.

6. Vancouver - Actually I might not be too worried about this one, Luongo hasn't been huge in he playoffs yet.

7. Chicago - Young and talented, should win the conference

8. Detroit - They are a sleeping giant.

Steven Stamkos is going to be the new Brad Richards in my hockey pool going forward. With less than a dozen games left, I'm currently in second place in my pool, although I don't think I have a shot at the 400 dollar grand prize.

And holy snap did Chicago get lit up by Columbus tonight!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Steven Stamkos is going to be the new Brad Richards in my hockey pool going forward. With less than a dozen games left, I'm currently in second place in my pool, although I don't think I have a shot at the 400 dollar grand prize.

And holy snap did Chicago get lit up by Columbus tonight!

8-3? Ouch!

Montreal managed to not lose in the last minute again tonight although I'm disappointed that they jumped back to Halak. Price played really well last night and deserved to get another start. For someone who is supposedly the new backup goalie, the only games he seems to get are those against top teams and hasn't been getting much offensive support.

They also had twice as many goals as assists tonight. 3 unassisted goals.

Those unassisted goals are not good for my pool, either. I took a chance on Scott Gomez and Brian Gionta this year. Gomez was decent for a later pick, but injuries slowed down Gionta a fair bit.

At least you have another eight games to sweat out, Deraldin, with the possibility of the playoffs. Edmonton has been cementing their hold on last place since November. I'm not even confident that they'll get the first pick overall. The Oilers luck ( or lack thereof) this season shadows a sneaking feeling we'll end up not winning the lottery draft.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Those unassisted goals are not good for my pool, either. I took a chance on Scott Gomez and Brian Gionta this year. Gomez was decent for a later pick, but injuries slowed down Gionta a fair bit.

At least you have another eight games to sweat out, Deraldin, with the possibility of the playoffs. Edmonton has been cementing their hold on last place since November. I'm not even confident that they'll get the first pick overall. The Oilers luck ( or lack thereof) this season shadows a sneaking feeling we'll end up not winning the lottery draft.

Well at least it won't go to Toronto! o:)

Montreal only has 7 games left now. 6 points up on Atlanta. I think it's unlikely that Montreal won't make the playoffs. 3 of the 7 remaining games are against playoff teams and one of those is against Philadelphia. Even if they got 3-4 over the next 7, Atlanta would need a minimum of 6 wins and 1 OT loss in their last 8 games to bump Montreal out of 8th place.

I won't say it's impossible, but I think it's unlikely. The big thing now is who we end up playing in the first round. Washington, New Jersey, Buffalo or Pittsburgh? Not really a fan of any of those match ups personally. :lol:

Edited by Deraldin

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it, the three teams fighting for eighth in the east haven't really been too stellar either.

I managed to squeak into first place in my hockey pool last night thanks to Buffalo routing Tampa. If only the season ended today...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

How has Pronger been playing for the Flyers so far? He struggled somewhat during the Olympics from what I've read, but wondered if he's slowed down a step?

And I'm worried for my pool now that Joe Thornton is injured.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

How has Pronger been playing for the Flyers so far? He struggled somewhat during the Olympics from what I've read, but wondered if he's slowed down a step?

And I'm worried for my pool now that Joe Thornton is injured.

10 goals and 43 assist.He has done well this year.The only thing i can say negative about him is sometimes it can be pretty apparent that he is 35 years old.

Pronger played well in the Oympics thoguh noteably he had had the same bad games his teammates did. *shrug*

He's played well in Philly oevrall; but obvioussly the team was expected to be improved with him and they've been lacklustre espicially since Emery got injured.

Philly likely will make the playoffs but they're gonna face PIT or WSH most likely and barring their top players playing perfectly, they're gonnaa be squashed.

Pronger has never been blessed with super speed; but he doesn't need. He's a tank both offesnsively and defensively and outside his soemtimes questionable dirty play he doesn't have too many flaws in his game.

The fact he dragged the Oilers all the way to the Cup Final 8and* winning an MVP award (was it STL or EDM for that?) as a defensemen says it all.

53 points this season shows he still has it too. He's also +23 and consideirng the so-so team he's on, that's pretty darn impressive.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm just glad Pronger is out of the Western Conference. Guy was always a killer against the Sharks.

It will be pretty sad if Colorado misses the playoffs. They were expected to be the bottom of the whole division, and they have been a fun surprise this year.

I just got back from a truly awful hockey game. Edmonton at Phoenix. Neither team deserved to win. Edmonton kept making the absolute most boneheaded roughing and slashing penalties away from the puck. I think the refs missed a spearing as well. Anyways, none of that mattered as the Coyotes went 0 for 9 on the power play, including about 45 seconds of 6 on 3 and a couple minutes of 5 on 3. The game went to a shootout where nobody scored in the first seven rounds. Phoenix won in the eighth. Though for one of Edmonton's saves it seemed pretty clear that Deslauriers threw his stick at Korpikowski, who was sent to the showers for arguing and delaying the shootout.

To make matters worse it was Fan "Appreciation" Night in Glendale. They gave away really awful prizes like a weeklong trial at a gym for an entire section, and a free appetizer at a regional Mexican chain restaurant. They played some game where a fan pulled a "lever" to stop a prize wheel on the jumbotron. Whatever the wheel stopped on was what they won. I was a section away from where the contestant was. The 'lever' was really just a hockey stick shoved in a cardboard box and the prize wheel was just controlled by the jumbotron operator. In the first intermission they played some stupid game where two teams of two raced across the ice and back while carrying 10 egg cartons. The winner's section won a coupon for dozen eggs for everyone. They need to ban all intermission games besides having youth programs play a couple minutes on NHL ice - so ridiculous.

Ahh, hockey in Glendale!

Edit: Oh, and to be clear I am a Coyotes fan and hope they stay here, but even I laugh about the goings on here. I think it woulda been comedy gold for the organization to announce on April 1st that if you buy tickets to any 2 first round playoff games, you get a free ticket to the home opener in Winnipeg.

Edited by Arclam

So much for Calgary making it to the post season. I imagine their local papers are calling for Iginla to be traded and their management to be fired.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

So much for Calgary making it to the post season. I imagine their local papers are calling for Iginla to be traded and their management to be fired.

TSN has been talking about it for a couple weeks now, predicting that if they don't make it that they'll clean house starting with management before looking at the players. It'll be interesting to see what they end up doing.