I have some serious reservations about this game.

Well, apparently spelling poorly or something is unacceptable, so here is try two. If you want to read the original post, just read this one but imagine it with much worse spelling and more punctuation marks (!!!). It takes me a lot of time to write like tis, so I hope you appreciate it!! Regardless, I hope you enjoy my post as much as you might have the first time, though it might not be as good without my distinctive (distinctive!??!!?!? mo lik terirbl) writing style.

I don't get wy you can't pick up cruddy old AK-47s off of random Saudi criminals to replace your customized M-16 (and by "replace your customized M-16" I mean "sell"). Why woulld you make this design decision, Obsidian?

Another disadvantage of this game is that there are no clear "barrs" which inform me of whether I'm a good guy or a bad guy - without these, how am I supposed to know which one I am? I don't want to have to wade through six ours of gameplay before I see the consequences of my actions. I prefer to save and reload until I figure out which choice will give me the maximum results, am I right? (I am right, just FYI.)

I also have heard you cannot hide bodies, which seems to me to be a load of crap! Why, bodies have to be easily carried and hidden (just like in real life), that way I can stick a dude in a closet and noone will ever find his body, making it like I never killed him (just like in real life). Except I don't have to hide from him.

Additionally, I hear that you can have sex... with multiple women, presumabli (?). This is bigamy, and it is against my religion. Why have you forsaken good, old-fashioned morals, Obsidian? I'm afraid I don't understand.

No, that really is the best counterargument.

Besides, I want to be able to take weapons off opponents too.

Whatever. You're obviously a sarcastic troll who is just messing with me. See? Counter that, eh? Like to see you try.

Don't you have any better counterarguments to my points?

Yes, but I'm not going to take the time to type them up at the moment - maybe tomorrow. :(

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

No, that really is the best counterargument.

Besides, I want to be able to take weapons off opponents too.

Whatever. You're obviously a sarcastic troll who is just messing with me. See? Counter that, eh? Like to see you try.

This reminds me of a, er, "discussion," I had with Seraphael.

Most of your reservations can be answered with Obsidian making a different game than the one you want. AP is actiony and as such Obsidian doesn't want you to spend time hiding bodies in toilets. Equally they don't want you to "waste" your time peddling junk.

They probably didn't include morality bars because they want you to focus on your actions and their consequences, rather than trying to min/max the good/evil morality bar.

I have moral reservations about killing people and yet I play games which are predominantly about killing people. Distinguishing fantasy from reality is important in this case.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

And it's not like they force you to have sex in the game. That's purely player choice. And the reason there's no bars for good vs bad is because there really is no good or bad, it is all relative to the observer, which is the point Obsidian is trying to make. To me, good might mean working for the CIA while to someone else it could mean getting revenge on them for not treating you right. If you want to be good in the game you just do what you feel is good, if you want to be bad, then you do what you feel is bad. Just like real life. :p

And it's not like they force you to have sex in the game. That's purely player choice.

Do we really know that yet? Maybe 'none of the above' isn't a choice. "You must pick one of these dangerously sexy ladies to bed, or the plot will not continue! Choose!"

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

And it's not like they force you to have sex in the game. That's purely player choice.

Do we really know that yet? Maybe 'none of the above' isn't a choice. "You must pick one of these dangerously sexy ladies to bed, or the plot will not continue! Choose!"

It has been confirmed that a life of celibacy for MT is a supported player choice. (In fact, I recall someone saying that the 'achievements' include one for bagging all the chicks and one for keeping it in your pants.)

MCA mentioned there being an achievement/trophy for chaste boys in an interview.

EDIT: Whoops, I'm late.

Edited by H
20795.jpg

Relax boyo, it's just a game.
Isn't that a rather slippery slope? First it's "just a game" then it's "just television" then it's "just news" then it's "just politics" and before you know it it's "just genocide."
Most of your reservations can be answered with Obsidian making a different game than the one you want.
As I said, "it's gonna be terrible." You don't seem to be really disagreeing with me.
Obvious troll is obvious.
Terrible internet memes merely mark you out as a 4channer, not as an insightful person.
Help help I can't decide if this is a joke or not. I need a new sarcasm detector.
It isn't a joke.

Guest PoziomyPion
Help help I can't decide if this is a joke or not. I need a new sarcasm detector.

Your sarcasm detector isn't broken, it's just a bad troll.

I lol'd.

Hard.

The troll was good, but you did break out of character a few times. I'd give it a 9/10.

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Isn't that a rather slippery slope? First it's "just a game" then it's "just television" then it's "just news" then it's "just politics" and before you know it it's "just genocide."

Only difference is that you can completely avoid a video game if you don't like the content. If the game seems terrible to you, don't buy it. For someone who tries to have an intelligent conversation, I don't understand why you haven't made that realization already. And like I said, you don't have to have sex with anyone in the game. And there is no "good" or "bad" side, which is why there are no bars. You seem like a fundamentalist, a troll by nature, not by purpose. Only a fundamentalist would choose to side with the clearly defined "good" side, when in fact, good and evil is relative to the observer as I mentioned before. Or maybe you're not a fundamentalist, rather just another troll.

Only difference is that you can completely avoid a video game if you don't like the content. If the game seems terrible to you, don't buy it. For someone who tries to have an intelligent conversation, I don't understand why you haven't made that realization already. And like I said, you don't have to have sex with anyone in the game. And there is no "good" or "bad" side, which is why there are no bars. You seem like a fundamentalist, a troll by nature, not by purpose. Only a fundamentalist would choose to side with the clearly defined "good" side, when in fact, good and evil is relative to the observer as I mentioned before. Or maybe you're not a fundamentalist, rather just another troll.

/sigh

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Your sarcasm detector isn't broken, it's just a bad troll.
Yes, "you're a troll," definitely the most epic of all arguments.

Only difference is that you can completely avoid a video game if you don't like the content.
Pretty sure you can avoid a genocide if you don't like it. Why didn't those jews just move out of Germany (and Europe)? Hmm?
If the game seems terrible to you, don't buy it. For someone who tries to have an intelligent conversation, I don't understand why you haven't made that realization already.
Oh, so I can't complain about games I'm not going to buy, then?
And like I said, you don't have to have sex with anyone in the game.
And? You don't have to commit crimes in GTA either.
And there is no "good" or "bad" side, which is why there are no bars. You seem like a fundamentalist, a troll by nature, not by purpose. Only a fundamentalist would choose to side with the clearly defined "good" side, when in fact, good and evil is relative to the observer as I mentioned before. Or maybe you're not a fundamentalist, rather just another troll.
Ugh, yeah, all religious folks are "fundamentalists" and "trolls." Why do you insist on this persecution?

And of course, good and evil are all relative, right? Like, hey, to some people, Hitler was good and Lenin was evil, so it's obviously "relative." Rolling my eyes again.

Edited by lord of flies