kotor 2 problems

i have installed kotor 2 on my pc and the installation went fine but when i click on the shortcut and click the game button that should start the game nothing happens. i'm not entirely sure what the problem is but any help would be appreciated

my info is

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 5/2/2009, 00:05:46

Machine name: D3XMV5B1

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Dell DV051

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A04

Processor: Intel

Edited by ms9044

I wouldn't say you have to, but you may want to. The Intel 910/915 integrated graphics chipset is woefully underpowered and really not made for running any games (in fact, Intel discontinued it last month). With this game in particular it lacks the hardware T&L capability the game requires. It is supposedly possible to run the game at its lowest settings on that chipset, if you have applied the latest patch for the game and you are running the latest graphics chipset drivers from Intel (the ones provided with Windows lack the OpenGL functionality the game requires), but I have never heard of anyone having much success with that.

Personally, I am strongly biased for Nvidia graphics cards. I have owned several over the years and never been disappointed by them. If you choose to get a new graphics card, you don't have to shell out the cash for a "latest and greatest" card to play the game, it will run really well on cards as old as the GeForce 4 or FX series, which are dirt cheap these days. If you intend to do any other gaming with more modern games, you may want to consider getting nothing older than the GeForce 7 series (7600GT or better) which still run around $100 or more.

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of War!

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg