World Championship Hockey

kirottu

I've been following it, but the games aren't on at a time that I'm likely to watch. I'm usually still sleeping at 10:15am. If they'd stop announcing the final scores ever 5 minutes, I might watch the rebroadcast in the evenings. :sorcerer:

Another win for Finland!

...but all should remember old finnish saying: "The most important thing isn

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Either Russia or Canada will win the finals. Finland will get the bronze (as usual).

Czeck Republic, Slovakia and Sweden are not impressive at all this year, while Latvia and Belarus are really catching up. USA is still the wildcard for me.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I saw the Finland - Belarus game yesterday, which we managed to lose on penalty shootout. I caught myself rooting for the David even when my own team was playing the role of Goliath. I think with that I have come to realise just how meaningless these round robin games(or possibly the entire tournament) are. It doesn't really matter at this point whether we are playing Sweden, USA or Switzerland in the quarter-finals, so who cares. Congratulations for the Belarusians anyway. It would never have happened if their goalkeeper wasn't some sort of superhuman, but isn't it always that way in these kind of games.

For tonight's game between Canada and Finland, i bet that Canada wins by 4-2 or 5-2. Those canucks are just an unstoppable force this tournament.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Was a bit different game than I expected. Unfortunately win on shootout was worth to us exactly as much as loss on regulation would have been, but otherwise that result leaves a lot to be optimistic about now that the real games finally begin.

Sweden beats out the Czech's for their place in the semifinals. And the Finns are already gone. Good times.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The semifinals tonight will be a test of stamina, since both Sweden and Canada played their quarter-finals yesterday.

Hopefully it will be interesting.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Unless Canada comes into tonight's game better prepared than they did yesterday, Sweden will win easily. Of course the problem is, they almost certainly will be better prepared. I can't see them getting too ****y against Swedes.