Project New Jersey's working title was Seven Dwarves

funcroc

Just my guesswork.

But while Obsidian is hard at work trying to finish up Neverwinter Nights 2 for a summer release, they're also hard at work on another unannounced project. All we have at the moment is speculation based off of some concept art of dwarves resembling those popularized by Snow White but we do know is that this new game will use Unreal Engine 3. Urquhart also mentioned their desire to do a Knights of the Old Republic 3 should LucasArts desire it in the future. I'd be surprised if they didn't.
Edited by funcroc

Maybe you finally got to play the evil witch?... :lol:

Going up against the mighty Seven Dwarfs and their henchmen. Boss fights before facing the cabal of Dwarfs include duels with Prince Charming and Snow White. Use brute force, trickery, poisoned apples, whatever gets the job done.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Maybe you finally got to play the evil witch?... :shifty:

Going up against the mighty Seven Dwarfs and their henchmen. Boss fights before facing the cabal of Dwarfs include duels with Prince Charming and Snow White. Use brute force, trickery, poisoned apples, whatever gets the job done.

Thank you, :lol:

But seriously, folks...the name really can't be more than a REFERENCE to Snow White...right..?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Maybe you finally got to play the evil witch?... :lol:

Thank you, :p

But seriously, folks...the name really can't be more than a REFERENCE to Snow White...right..?

Why? Why shouldn't an RPG be based around Grimm-style fairy tales?

Would MotB be any less brilliant if Safiya was a Fairy Godmother? Would it gut the story if

you met Myrkul

in a coffee shop?

I do dislike this idea that what makes a good story or setting is that it takes place in a fortress made out of a thousand skulls, or on a plane crafted from billions of years of pretension, in a parliament made of a hundred-thousand objections to the split infinitive. It's not - it's what is done with it. What's cool about

your conversation with Myrkul

is the content of the conversation, not that it takes place where it does. What's cool about Kreia is her character, not that she can make lightsabres float.

[/rant]

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Maybe you finally got to play the evil witch?... ;)

I'd totally play this game.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 4 weeks later...
Maybe you finally got to play the evil witch?... :(

Thank you, :lol:

Why? Why shouldn't an RPG be based around Grimm-style fairy tales?

Would MotB be any less brilliant if Safiya was a Fairy Godmother? Would it gut the story if

you met Myrkul

in a coffee shop?

I do dislike this idea that what makes a good story or setting is that it takes place in a fortress made out of a thousand skulls, or on a plane crafted from billions of years of pretension, in a parliament made of a hundred-thousand objections to the split infinitive. It's not - it's what is done with it. What's cool about

your conversation with Myrkul

is the content of the conversation, not that it takes place where it does. What's cool about Kreia is her character, not that she can make lightsabres float.

[/rant]

Because a Grimm-styled story would be an entire cliche in itself, as the stories by them are the originals.

"takes place in a fortress made out of a thousand skulls"

No, but it's a nice little tidbit in the story, innit? :shifty:

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Actually I think it would have been fantastic if this was a game aimed at a younger audience. Very few developers are tackling family friendly software, and the ones that are focus solely on that. Sierra used to release stellar games that could really entertain both adults and children, and I think that is missing from today's marketplace.

But hey, it's canceled, so there ya go.

I think a fairy-tale style inspired RPG would be a blast, and not just for kids.

In fact, I think what would be fun is a RPG where the world is essentially medieval tech and virtually non-existent magic if you stay in the cities or where the faithful have power. But the further you go into the wild, the stranger things get, until you get the sort of fairy-tale weirdness.

Or in a modern setting like the Dresden Files. Most people don't/won't see the weirdness. But it's there for the people who can sense it. And a few can manipulate it.

• 4 months later...

Heh, interesting:

http://vimeo.com/4789520

AP with vehicles and skydiving. "This was created in-engine to show the publisher visually what they could expect."

I wonder if they're demanding they be put back in.

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

That would be incredibly awesome if it was in the game. I hope it is.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Interesting little collection. Fun to watch the NWN2 and the older Black Isle work too. I seem to remember that there was once talk about having horses in NWN2?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein