Scott Rouse hints 4E game

Avin

I'll never forgive WotC for destroying the Forgotten Realms setting with 4E. I won't buy any 4E game even a BG3.

Ill probably regret asking - but what is so horrible about 4E Forgotten Realms? I haven't even looked at the books so have no clue.

(Also it seems like in my experience that whenever a new edition comes out there are always those who complain about the artwork - I remember it about 2E as well).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'll never forgive WotC for destroying the Forgotten Realms setting with 4E. I won't buy any 4E game even a BG3.

Ill probably regret asking - but what is so horrible about 4E Forgotten Realms? I haven't even looked at the books so have no clue.

(Also it seems like in my experience that whenever a new edition comes out there are always those who complain about the artwork - I remember it about 2E as well).

The better question is what is there about the pre-4E Realms that was at all worth preserving? The 4E Realms may be awful, but can they possibly be worse than the jumbled cavalcade of cliches that was the pre-4E Realms??

I too haven't seen 4.0 myself. But from what I have heard they did a number on things we knew from the start. But from the skimming of the books (still wrapped in plastic) it does give the impression of a really dumbed down look.

I still prefer 2ed even with the flaws that some may feel it has. I started out in 1ed and when the wind of change happen got into 2ed. I haven't been able to play 3ed or 3.5 except on the computer. NWN1 and NWN2. So many things as in having your friends over and actually role play vs the computer in 3.5ed is a bit hard for me to understand. But I'm slowly getting used to it. Now 4ed has come out. Don't know how I would handle it, though I feel that my ranger character will be totally taken back as I try to figure out the new system regardless if it's on the computer or in the book.

But maybe something good will come about if I try to say possitive instead of negative. I know my post doesn't really help much in here but maybe by the time the new games roll out, they may have fixed or upgraded it to be what it should be. A game for all that relies on your mind and good friends to bring the story to life. As for the computer, it should be a well written story and have good NPC's to help add more flavor to the game adventure. To some extent. I'm tired of all the eye candy graphics in games. Too much focus on fps and CG just doesn't cut it for me. It all means nothing if the story, the game is not solid it self.

Solo is not a myth to evil.

But a nighmare to the evil of the lands.

Ranger Lord Solo

The better question is what is there about the pre-4E Realms that was at all worth preserving? The 4E Realms may be awful, but can they possibly be worse than the jumbled cavalcade of cliches that was the pre-4E Realms??

True enough, but did they need to replace it with another host of lame cliches? Let's kill Mystra...again. Oh, she couldn't see it coming this time, even though she would have total access to divination and OUGHT to know something was going to happen. Let's blow up some continents again, because we didn't do it well enough last time. And let's "simplify" the pantheon by killing all the deities that gave the realms any kind of unique flavor, along with all their planes, of course. *sigh* Why is it every version they see the need to go on a pantheon-destruction spree. Are they really so clueless as to not be able to figure out that if they left the thing STABLE for a while, that maybe it would be easier to follow?

I thought the stuff about gods, planes and alignments was pretty thought out in 3rd ed. That was really what set FR apart from [generic fantasy world]. Now it's all removed and even though I think 4th ed rules makes for a playable (perhaps even fun!) game, 4th ed fluff is just like the old, but more boring and generic. If Obsidian makes a new DnD RPG, please do not let it take place in the FR.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"