New IGN walkthrough video

Some of these things look really cool, but the shooting doesn't measure up.

Add some blood effect, or at least make it more apparent. The shotgun didn't really look like it had a lot of recoil and the muzzle flash for the pistol was blurry. I realise this just sounds like nitpicking, but you can do some better SFX than this.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The weapon wasn't showing when he was talking. Maybe he put it down somewhere before entering the conversation?

Anyhow, I liked most of what I was seeing. Still, watching these videos make the game look like 95% combat and even though I know that's not true, it bothers me.

I did not like the voice of Sie however. She sounds like she's 60!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The weapon didn't disappear, because the scene wasn't continuous.

If it were a continuous scene with the weapon magically vanishing, I'd be worried.

Looks really good so far.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

The faction stuff is right up my proverbial alley. I'd like to know if, should I choose as my handler the guy who prefers stealth but I go in guns blazing, will that piss him off and damage my relationship with that faction?

As for the gun thing, it seems like weapons disappear in conversations, which doesn't surprise me. It looks like the weapons we see equipped on the character are purely for our benefit, and aren't acknowledged by NPCs. I'm also guessing that the gun we pull out in conversations will always be the pistol we start out with, much like how cutscenes work in RE5.

Edited by Hell Kitty

It seems to imply that you won't be bouncing between hubs, but you will "finish" with Moscow then move to the next one. And the "hub" may just be another safehouse with a screen that you pick and accept missions on? There is probably more to it, but the scope is narrowing down a bit. Lip syncing is still bad, as are facial expressions. The performance issues and tearing (they probably turned off vsync to improve performance) will probably be resolved by release. The armor all said "INITIAL LABEL TEXT" as its description. Different armors will accept different amounts of mods.

And yeah, boo to the disappearing shotgun. Couldn't you drop your slung weapons (or hide them/throw them over a barrier) and holster the pistol to decrease how hostile you are perceived?

Also, regenerating health is definitely out. (I can't remember if it was ever officially denied)

edit: crap, I just realized that this comment is almost completely negative. The game looks awesome! Looks better with every preview.

Edited by crakkie

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

The facial animation looks really bad. Very little change of expression from all the videos I've seen.

Also MTs VA isnt doing it for me so far.

The VA isn't bad at all. Maybe a bit generic, but definitely not devoid of tone.

The expressions seem to be getting better.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

You know its funny, I've actually been keeping up on the videos, news and such since it was first announced (Alpha Protocol) but what the funny part is, is that I'm just now registering for the forums.

So I saw the video, very cool. I was curious about asking a question if it gets answered, great if not thats fine.

In the video it says that you can choose to go this way or this way but by going this way you may have a little less faction towards the other side (hopefully that made sense)

It almost seems in a sense, that it resembles "Splinter Cell: Double Agent", one side is telling you to perform this action whereas your original contact (Lambert-who has been your contact since Splinter Cell 1) is telling you to do this particular action instead. And at the end of the level it shows your so called faction between the two.

Anyways, is that what Alpha Protocol is like? That you can actually play the game to where by the end you might be 45% faction here and 55% faction here and of course the replayability is probably good cause then you can be 90% and 10% then reverse.

Thanks >_<

PS i'm looking forward to upcoming walkthroughs "safehouse"; definitely wondering what all you can do there hehe.

I just watched it and it looks DAMN good! I liked how far away from the Mass Effect feel the game goes. I liked your commentary too, Matt. Yeah, it still needs polish on the gfx department, some higher rez textures mostly, a few better facial expressions here and there, but as I noticed, some characters look damn sweet, while others not so great. I guess that's what the 'work in progress' stands for at the beginning of the trailer.

I like Mike's voice, I find it rather fitting. I wouldn't like him sounding like Jack from VtM: Bloodlines or Cyrus from WH40k:DoW II. The lip sync, yeah, just a little more polish there.

And the game hits shelves in October? That's 6 months to add as much polish as you guys want. I think this game is gonna be pretty darn awesome. Can't wait for the next walkthrough!

P.S. Did I mention I'm hyped?

His codename is Michael Thorton? Really? Really liking the way the game looks, nice work MCA+Crew (well, outside of Codename:MIKEY, too late for custom characters?)

its Michael Thorton as a code name because its just a generic name i think. I really like how this game is shaping up . and dont forget guys this is still in developement