How big is Obsidian?

How big is Obsidian Entertainment these days? I thought Obsidian had about 100 people or just over that number, but recent announcements seem to hint that it is substantially larger than that. I gather that from the fact that it is working simultaneously on Alpha Protocol, the next Fallout title, perhaps still slightly on Aliens (in suspended animation?) and on several unnannounced projects. That is a LOT.

It seems like 3 development teams plus administrative staff would be at least 100 people, and there may be 4 or 5 consecutive projects...

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

I'd say 2 major projects + 2 or three smaller ones (including big projects in the early stages of production, expansions, etc).

That sounds about right for a studio of 100 (I think the real number was actually about 120 last I heard).

It'd be nice for somebody to dig up the real value, though.

I agree. Having 150 people is a pretty nice size for a game development company. :)

Holy ****, Blizzard has over 1000!

That may well be, but Blizzard is also its own publishes, not just a developer. On top of that, Blizzard has World of Warcraft and all the support staff who are associated with that.

Edit: that's 1000, not 1000!

Lol, I think we all understood that you mean 1000 and not 1000x999x998x997x996x995x994.... :sorcerer:

That may well be, but Blizzard is also its own publishes, not just a developer. On top of that, Blizzard has World of Warcraft and all the support staff who are associated with that.

It saddens me that someone like Bobby "exploited every year on every platform" Kotick has his greasy mitts on Blizzard. :concernedwarcraftfan:

Edited by Syraxis

Some spam pruned. Lets just say, not quite as big as Blizzard? Yet?

:lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein