Obsidian's another unannounced title?

funcroc

They may or may not be rubbish. I don't know, I didn't read them. I was just referring to the hate online. Everybody thought Anne Rice' stuff was a bunch of effeminate whiny pansies, but now everybody loves them and hates Twilight instead. It bothers me how the internet haters just seem to be following some sort of fashion.

It's like the Jurassic Park movies, everybody hated the second one until the third one came out. Then it was a Steven Spielberg masterpiece and the third movie was the one that ruined the series.

I hate them both equally.

Back to the topic, I would love the new project to be another expansion to Neverwinter Nights 2, but if it is not then I hope it is a unique Obsidian RPG, in their own setting using an engine made in-house.

~R.I.P. Adam aka "Ild

They may or may not be rubbish. I don't know, I didn't read them. I was just referring to the hate online. Everybody thought Anne Rice' stuff was a bunch of effeminate whiny pansies, but now everybody loves them and hates Twilight instead. It bothers me how the internet haters just seem to be following some sort of fashion.

It's like the Jurassic Park movies, everybody hated the second one until the third one came out. Then it was a Steven Spielberg masterpiece and the third movie was the one that ruined the series.

I read a bit of the first one at a bookstore, and it struck me as pretty dire writing, just from the prose style.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Imagine how we could scare them with a VtM game/movie. :)

I actually invited a few Twilight fans to my last Masquerade pen-and-paper game, I had found them in one of the common areas of my university and decided to have some fun, with fairly predictable results as the first play character undead they encountered

I loled when reading the comic strip. Is this really what the book is about?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I hate them both equally.

I have read neither and thus have no feelings on either.

Back to the topic, I would love the new project to be another expansion to Neverwinter Nights 2, but if it is not then I hope it is a unique Obsidian RPG, in their own setting using an engine made in-house.

On this topic, I agree on both counts. Another expansion for NWN 2 would be great, but I probaly wouldn't be intereted in a new D&D CRPG, because it would likely be 4E, so I would prefer a unique setting or some other license instead.

It sounds like from the outset your goal was to try and freak the Twilight fans out and thus be a **** DM instead of offer a fun play experience for all your players. Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong. My goal was to run a good game and my primary focus was on making sure the other, original players – id est those who I had actually played with before, started the game for, and knew would stick around for the duration– got a game that was on par with others I have run. We had already had half a dozen sessions or so before the other people joined so they were, frankly, the least likely to get the game catered to them. To put it another way, the Twilight fans were an afterthought, we simply overheard them talking about the series on the way to where we were meeting between classes, we had picked a time that would accommodate that, and decided as a group that we would invite them for a lark. Sure, I could have asked Laura not to act in-character during that encounter, she was playing the aforementioned Nosferatu –her favorite bloodline and one that she does rather well-, but seeing as the two newer players had willing chosen to venture into her lair I decided that I would let the scenario play out without interference as this was a fairly player-run game with the storyteller only interjecting if they, the players, consistently started to far from the central plot. Was it the nicest thing I could have done? No, of course not. Do I feel any regret about how it turned out? Nope. In fact, I feel things turned out quite well and would not change anything about what happened.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

What's a SKREEEEEEE?

The high pitched noise that prevents you from hearing what game he is a designer on? :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Is Obsidian working on a vampire game? :o

Heja Sverige!!

Is Obsidian working on a vampire game? ;)

THAT would be fracking awesome. But I don't think thats what SEKRET PROJECT is.

I'm not thinking a Masquerade game , though. I mean, perhaps just an RPG with vampires in a new setting. Something along the lines of True Blood could be cool.

Heja Sverige!!

I am bored of waiting... I shall check back in a decade or so...

Edited by ramza

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

You shouldn't have to wait that long.

;)

Now now, that could still be a 9 years long wait.

You have a strange and twisted definition of the phrase "you shouldn't have to wait that long".

Unless you have reasonable justification to suspect that Obsidian's next game is being worked on by the Duke Nukem Forever development team.

;)

Now now, that could still be a 9 years long wait.

You have a strange and twisted definition of the phrase "you shouldn't have to wait that long".

Unless you have reasonable justification to suspect that Obsidian's next game is being worked on by the Duke Nukem Forever development team.

How can my definition be twisted, when I in fact took it completely literally? 9 years are less than 10.

Right. So can we expect the announcement before 2011 or will are we looking for a release in 2013? ;)