Obsidian's another unannounced title?

funcroc

Aliens is more of the 'Terror' side than horror according to James Cameron in the bonus interview. Knowing he is unable to replicate the horror moments in Aliens, he simply focus the pacing more on terror.

I think we are getting into technicalities. "Terror" rather than "horror" is good enough for me! Let's get some Aliens! :thumbsup:

Orson Scott Card had a good essay about the difference between dread (anticipation), horror (primal fear), and terror (shock at something that just happened). Interesting read if you can find it.

Matthew Rorie

Hey M. Rorie, can you give us a little hint as to what the second unannounced title is? Is it Aliens, or something else? :thumbsup:

If it's Aliens, then further speculation is meaningless..

J.

Edited by Junai

Aliens is more of the 'Terror' side than horror according to James Cameron in the bonus interview. Knowing he is unable to replicate the horror moments in Aliens, he simply focus the pacing more on terror.

I think we are getting into technicalities. "Terror" rather than "horror" is good enough for me! Let's get some Aliens! :o

Orson Scott Card had a good essay about the difference between dread (anticipation), horror (primal fear), and terror (shock at something that just happened). Interesting read if you can find it.

It would be interesting to see whether these three types of fear truly use different neural pathways or are just variations on the same emotion. In particular, horror, defined as 'primal fear'... I wonder whether there are some things we fear genetically without having to learn to do so. Hmm, it is interesting to think about.

What I'd really like to see once in my lifetime, is a RPG set in the Dune universe. Up to now, there have only been a few adventure games and strategy games, but never ever a RPG... frankly I've never understood why not. With the massive amount of detail and all its political intrigue as described by F. Herbert it could constitue an excellent story.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I think they could take the Dialogue Stance System (hope that makes it into future games, anyway) and really make a good therapy RPG. Maybe a licensed In Treatment game!

Dazzling!

Why do you feel that they could take the Dialogue Stance System (hope that makes it into future games, anyway) and really make a good therapy RPG. Maybe a licensed In Treatment game? Does the idea that they could take the Dialogue Stance System (hope that makes it into future games, anyway) and really make a good therapy RPG. Maybe a licensed In Treatment game make you feel uncomfortable?

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

• 1 month later...
What is NX3?

Is it wrong to want a World of Darkness game or a horror RPG?

No. It is wrong to not want a World of Darkness or Horror RPG...

Truer words have never been said.

Personally, I don't know. The chances of being able to playa tzimisce character (my favorite, obviously) is rather low (read: 0.1%, or 40% if Rockstar made it) in a single player game, but MMO...uh, do NOT want.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.ph...ghlight=#801370 (via GameBanshee)

This is the RPG that I and several others have been working on. Feargus has actually made time available from running the business to also contribute in design and production roles too.

Obviously we can't talk about it yet, but we have a lot of great and talented people working on it:

George Zeits

Tony Evans

Nathaniel Chapman

Daniel Teh

Adam Brennecke

Rich Taylor

Matthew Campbell

Kevin Lin

Matt Festa

...just to name a few.

Tony Evans - lead designer (SoZ)

George Ziets - lead creative designer (MotB)

Nathaniel Chapman - lead systems designer (SoZ)

Matt Festa - lead area designer (Aliens)

Rich Taylor - lead programmer (NWN2s)

Adam Brennecke - programmer (all)

Daniel Teh - former Gas Powered Games programmer

Matthew Campbell - former Left 4 Dead team programmer

Kevin Lin was one of multiplayer engineers on The Lord of the Rings: Conquest at Pandemic Studios and before joining Pandemic, he had been the lead network programmer at Smart Bomb Interactive. So, probably some multiplayer feature may be in this project.

Edited by funcroc

So, now we are going to need some sand bags to build a shelter with... when the D&D 4th ed. MMO gets announced :)

A WH40k game would be too good... Maybe that Seven Dwarves game?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3

K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3K3 ... Too bad its not possible... so... BG3BG3BG3BG3BG3BG3BG3BG3BG3BG3BG3BG3... or... NWN3NWN3NWN3NWN3NWN3NWN3NWN3NWN3NWN3... Please?

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

We demand new subforum! :*;) Also some concept arts would be nice :p

And will there be crates or barrels?

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.