Obsidian's another unannounced title?

funcroc

So what've we got?

Alpha Protocol is out the door

Dungeons Siege 3 is being worked on (AWESOME!)

New Vegas is almost out the door

Wheel of Time game is in the planning stage

It seems to me like there's STILL a project they're working on which we don't know about yet.

So what've we got?

It seems to me like there's STILL a project they're working on which we don't know about yet.

There's no work being done on Wheel of Time. So that leaves

Hate the living, love the dead.

So what've we got?

There's no work being done on Wheel of Time. So that leaves

Everyone's saying that it's awesome... I don't know, I played all of the first 10 minutes of Dungeon Siege 2 before permanently shelving it (which was memorable as that was the first time anything like that had happened to me with a game). Could this really be that "game that AP should have been", per that Joystiq commenter?

It does have Zeits and Chapman at the helm, so.

Edited by Pop

Everyone's saying that it's awesome... I don't know, I played all of the first 10 minutes of Dungeon Siege 2 before permanently shelving it (which was memorable as that was the first time anything like that had happened to me with a game). Could this really be that "game that AP should have been", per that Joystiq commenter?

It does have Zeits and Chapman at the helm, so.

Everyone's saying that it's awesome?

Have you looked at the comments? Or the ironic way ActionTrip already portrayed the game as a ****ty mess before even seeing a single screenshot based on Obsidz and GPG's track records?

I think you guys have a lot to look forward to with this one. (Hopefully not violating any NDAs by saying that...)

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT. We missed you.

So, can you say to us how much Obsidz have been working on it without violating any NDAs? :thumbsup:

We've been working on it quite a bit!

I think you guys have a lot to look forward to with this one. (Hopefully not violating any NDAs by saying that...)

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT. We missed you.

So, can you say to us how much Obsidz have been working on it without violating any NDAs? :thumbsup:

We've been working on it quite a bit!

Now you can change SKREEEE to 'Dungeon Siege III'.

Must be good. :sorcerer:

I liked Dungeon Siege, hated Dungeon Siege II.

I like Obsidian, but unsure about DS3 as DS2 really put me off the franchise. To this day I refuse to play any Gas Powered Games, games. Still, this is Obsidian, it will be worth having a look at when completed. -_-

~R.I.P. Adam aka "Ild

Wait what, Dungeon Siege 3? Seriously?

Wait, Square Enix?

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

BG3

NWN3

It goes ever on...

Got the 3 part right at least.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

And if you haven't gone through Dungeon Siege 2, it's well worth a playthrough.

Lies. The game is an insipid, cookie-cutter blotch of pseudomediaeval, elven bull****. Gameplay consists of clicking a lot, and holding the 'Z' button down a lot. It is quite possible that the game was made entirely out of John Major's underpants.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Lies. The game is an insipid, cookie-cutter blotch of pseudomediaeval, elven bull****. Gameplay consists of clicking a lot, and holding the 'Z' button down a lot. It is quite possible that the game was made entirely out of John Major's underpants.

It's fun.

You're doing it wrong.

You should have began with 'That's a big fat lie! R00fles!'. :p

This could be interesting, I guess.

Has Obsidian hinted at any other unannounced games in their pipeline?

'Two projects and a half' by Chris Avellone (reportedly what he said to Pop at the But thou must! presentation when asked what Obsidian was working on) is the only indication they're working on something else right now.

I really hope it's just a small team doing preproduction on something, because if there's anything that we all know by know, is that Obsidian doesn't have the manpower to take all those projects.

Does WoT count as one of those projects? I know that has already been announced, but I don't know the date of that presentation.

Going by Larry Liberty's podcast no.

Apparently Red Eagle games still hasn't secured the fundings.. which puts them in a rather bad light imho, but you can just ignore my overtly negative comments. :lol:

Developer Profile: Obsidian (Feb 1, 2006)

"Obsidian's currently staffing up. Feargus hopes to have over 100 people by the end of the year with an eventual goal of having around 120 to 140 people. That will allow them to have teams working on three different games. Ideally, one team will be working on the core concepts of a game while the other two will be in full production mode."