Obsidian making Fallout: New Vegas

Fionavar

Crap, you're right. I thought it was just covered in the 60's.

Edited by crakkie

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

Technically, the Ink Spots were still going into the mid-60s...

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Okay a 'serous' suggestion for the opening theme to Fallout: New Vegas.

There's the obvious Viva, Las Vegas.

Also

with Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald, Doris Day also has a version that would work.

I also think Billie Holiday's Don't Explain might be nice.

It's harder to pick a stong for FO:NV because we have no idea what the main story is.

1964 is too late, it has to be from the 1950s or older.

The 'rat pack' and what we think of vintage Las Vegas is all 1960's.

Edit: Oh, I forgot God Bless the Child.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

nope, they were done before the 60's (at least the original group) and "Maybe" is pre-50's.

Pretty sure the publisher shells out for licenses. So cost is no object, really.

well, ****. Sinatra it should be then.

The 'rat pack' and what we think of vintage Las Vegas is all 1960's.

not necessarily. the "Rat Pack" was originally Bogart's posse and did in fact, start in the 50's as did the beginning of the Vegas swing.

Edited by TwinkieGorilla

I remember an 80s looking b movie called Six Sting Samurai, where the hero had to travel across the wasteland to Vegas to guitar battle for the title of King of Vegas. Unfortunately it ended just as he reached Vegas, that would have required a bit more from the prop department than ramshackle huts.

Did they ever make a sequel. Anyway he had a cool retro looking motorcycle and sidecar.

sixstringeu1.jpg

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Pardon the following caps -_-

FEATURE REQUEST:

A decal system for marking explored areas, using either a piece of chalk or spray paint. You could mark an X or whatever symbol to see where you've been without constantly referring to the PipBoy while in the ruins. The mapping is adequate, but I'd like to be able to throw an X up on any room that I've already searched extensively, and the PB doesn't know if I've done that or just ran through it.

Pumped for the game :)

Pardon the following caps -_-

FEATURE REQUEST:

A decal system for marking explored areas, using either a piece of chalk or spray paint. You could mark an X or whatever symbol to see where you've been without constantly referring to the PipBoy while in the ruins. The mapping is adequate, but I'd like to be able to throw an X up on any room that I've already searched extensively, and the PB doesn't know if I've done that or just ran through it.

Pumped for the game :)

Hm. I misread the first sentence in your request and it became "a fecal system for marking explored areas". I posted to say that was a rad over-the-top idea, but nvm.

Edited by Rostere

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

since it's Vegas and it's 50's...Sinatra would be the best choice, but probably the most expensive. i'm trying to rack my brain at something else that would have an impact.

What with mutations and such running rampant, I thought the choice would be obvious.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

since it's Vegas and it's 50's...Sinatra would be the best choice, but probably the most expensive. i'm trying to rack my brain at something else that would have an impact.

What with mutations and such running rampant, I thought the choice would be obvious.

What with the nuclear fallout, how about

?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

That and an intro of gray skies, mutant birds and destroyed suburbia could be quite awesome.

And on the subject of mutations and deformities:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVm9q5ZRG1s

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What with the nuclear fallout, how about
?

That could make a great trailer with that song, show a ruined New Vegas. I like it. And the irony fit's well.

It's almost too.... happy... though? I can't think of the right word.

All the things you are is pretty cool. Dunno the date of it though:

And I agree, They HAVE to do something Sinatra or something with this game.

Edited by Jaesun

My suggestion is to take pointers from Fallout 3 mods.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

nonsense, Jaesun! -_- The begining song is supposed to be cheerful. The future before the war was bright and happy. It's the present that sucks.

"Blue Skies" is perfect. I'm jealous I didn't think of it myself! "Under my skin" is too much on the nose.

The only problem is that some of these Frankie songs are mid 60s rather than 50s/early 60s.

Edited by Aristes

nope, they were done before the 60's (at least the original group) and "Maybe" is pre-50's.

Really? Wiki gave 1964 for their breakup.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.