Congratulations, Obsidian!

Humodour

Yeah, I agree. I really don't like having to go to another forum to discuss an Obsidian title - essentially if I tend to dislike the forum I am being directed to. :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I can see why Bethesda would want their licensed series discussed on their forums.

Can't see why that's a bad thing though ?

But having to register to all of them... annoying :thumbsup:

Edited by Maf

I do have a Bethesda forum alias too, but.. after like, I don't know, 50 posts I am at warning level 50%. One more warning and I'm banned. Hate that place.

Can't you open just a little forum for Fallout: New Vegas here too..? :thumbsup:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

As a long-time Fallout fan who mourned the demise of "Van Buren" and was pleasantly surprised that Bethesda pulled off such a successful franchise restart, I am *thrilled* to see the license in the hands of its creators.

Although I know a lot of the original Black Isle crew have moved on, I hope the Obsidian development team will reach out to some of the old hands and invite their input and feedback. We may never get "Van Buren" but I would love to see Fallout: New Vegas be the video game equivalent of the Blues Brothers "getting the band back together."

Good luck!

P.S. - If you are going to do the Vegas thing, please don't forget a few Ranger-infused nods to "Wasteland."

P.P.S. - Any chance of licensing FO1 and FO2 to remake them as XBOX Live games? Same style of play, just cleaned up/updated interface and looK?

I was offline yesterday, so the news are... new to me. Congrats, Obsidian! Let's all hope that the Dread Curse of Josh the Project Condemner doesn't kick in.

20795.jpg

I do know that OBS is very grateful for the desire and want for a FO forum. It has always been the intent to foster and nurture the community here and I think that has been fairly well done. Then there is the balance to respect the producers and their desire to keep the forum internal as the publisher. Always a balance to strike. So, thanks for the input, trust me the desire to have it here resonates. Feel free, nonethtless, to discuss the topic in the existing thread.

With respect,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: