group hug

taks

unfortunately, my buddy didn't get a better one. i did not have my camera at the time (i had been helping with the gifts). john is the kid at the top left of the picture.

taks

post-298-1240260465_thumb.jpg

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

the total was $373. we did the cozy party which was supposed to be a 2-hour party for up to 14 kids, deluxe baggies for each kid @ $3.50 per child, 4 pizzas at $13.00 per pizza (they ordered from papa john's), 18 balloons and a $50 tip. we had a few extra kids, however, but i don't know if i got charged for all of them (it was only $10/head extra). we had to supply the cake and drinks.

perfect for a 9th bday, btw.

taks

We went to the car show in Buena Park yesterday. My niece lurves me! haha She's only 5, so she doesn't know any better yet.

Anyhow, I love kids. They like to have fun. They like to laugh. The don't have nearly as many hangups as adults do and the ones they do have tend to be funny. Great times. I'm glad your son had a great birthdaay, Mark.

thanks... i'm glad too.

he's a pill, btw. he specifically ordered an "oreo cake," so we got this really cool chocolate cake with a white creme style frosting and oreos on top with tons of chocolate flakes spread around. i think there may have even been ground up oreos in the frosting. after refusing to eat more than half a piece of pizza (a small piece at that), he informed me he didn't want any cake, either. finally he gave in and ate all the frosting, refusing to eat the cake itself. i had to order him try it and he decided it was pretty good after all, and ate most of the rest of his piece. the other kids were begging for more pizza and cake. sheesh. i have the only child in the world that will not eat cake or candy, i'm guessing (i had to eat all his halloween candy, too).

taks

Your son sounds like fun. My little sister is the same way.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

That's awesome!

My daughter's b-day is next week, #2.

Remember to share a pic or two. taks junior was kind of tiny in the pic starting this thread, for reasons taks mentioned.

Yeah. Me and Aristes really want pictures of your children.

Have a birthday party at a restaurant? We never ever did that when I was a child, you had one at home or not at all.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

sheesh. i have the only child in the world that will not eat cake or candy, i'm guessing (i had to eat all his halloween candy, too).

taks

Look at it this way - less potential dental expenses! :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Have a birthday party at a restaurant?

pump-it-up is not a restaurant. it's sort of a playground with large, inflatable things such as a slide, big boxing rings (sort of), etc.

^ladycrimson: he's probably not going to have weight issues, either, at least, not on the obese side while he's young. i was pretty skinny as a child, too, and that all changed when i got old and sedentary (really, after i hooked up with michele and stopped surfing all the time).

taks

wait... he's got a birthday on the same day as me? creepy

his was the 18th.

taks

ok... two days before me :sorcerer:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

yes, i knew that because you had a "... i turned 23" or something post yesterday on the what you did today thread. :sorcerer: sometimes i can remember things. my brain ain't totally baked from stress... yet.

taks