Games of the future

Humodour

My Mac Mini arrives in like a week, so I figured it's time to start getting excited about games again.

What good PC games do you know of that come out in the future?

I'm looking forward to:

Diablo 3

Obsidian's Fallout

Alpha Protocol

Dragon Age

It's not a big list. Surely I'm missing some things?

Diablo 3, I wish they'd include a non-human player character, just for once.

Alpha Protocol and Fallout: New Vegas, for painfully obvious reasons.

Half-Life 2: Episode 3, just because it'll be awesome, it's Valve and Cryostasis made me love nuclear icebreaker.

And anything else, provided it's awesome and coherent.

There's the next Deus Ex game. While it almost certainly wont live up to the original, I'm hoping it will learn from the abject failure of Invisible War and at least be a decent DX-style game.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

My Mac Mini arrives in like a week, so I figured it's time to start getting excited about games again.

What good PC games do you know of that come out in the future?

I'm looking forward to:

Diablo 3

Obsidian's Fallout

Alpha Protocol

Dragon Age

It's not a big list. Surely I'm missing some things?

Does not compute!

Even with dual boot the nVidia 9400 isn't really top of the line...

I'm mostly looking forward to Diablo 3, as well as Half-Life 2 Episode 3 and Portal 2.

Edited by Purkake

Hmm.

Alpha Protocol will be bought, no matter how penniless I will be when it comes out.

Dragon Age. I've been waiting for a new high fantasy game from BioWare. I suppose my wish will be granted later this year. I hope it will be worth it, else I'll burn someone at the stake.

Br

Men of War is supposed to be really good, haven't tried it myself though.

Its a good game but the horrible voiceacting does take away a great deal of that. It is without a doubt the worst Ive even encountered in a game and Ive seen a lot.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Anybody know about any good strategy games coming out? Or that have come out in the past 2 years?

Does Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 count?

Of course it does, it is the best mod for the best strategy game ever.

Well, Xcom wasn't too shabby either.

Anybody know about any good strategy games coming out? Or that have come out in the past 2 years?

Company of Heroes?

That. CoH is the only RTS I've ever been able to *really* get into, and I still play JA2 1.13 because it doesn't really have legitimate competition in turn-based squad tactical games.

Of course it does, it is the best mod for the best strategy game ever.

Well, Xcom wasn't too shabby either.

I meant the 2 year thing :thumbsup:

All the old Lucasarts adventures.

This. As well as The Longest Journey. It was utterly fantastic.

This(TLJ), I just finished it for the first time and it's awesome. Some of the Lucasarts ones still feature the nonsensical puzzles of the early years, while most of the stuff in The Longest Journey is pretty logical(and still funny), so I would recommend that to begin with.

Also, TLJ is on Steam while Lucasarts stuff is not.

Diablo 3 - Only because of Boyarski. I used to love Blizzard's graphical style in the old SC and Diablo games, but then WC3 and WoW came out and ruined that reputation.

Starcraft 2 - Does not look as good at all as it's predecessor, but I think that regardless of a lacking visual style, it will be a good, balanced, fun online RTS.

Hearts of Iron 3 - The sequel to the best WW2 RTS game ever. No additional comments needed.

Alpha Protocol - Duh.

Fallout: New Vegas - I thought the Fallout franchise would be lost forever to Bethesda and MMORPG silliness, but apparently not.

Demigod - The next generation in online RTS games?

Zeno Clash came out a few days ago (and was utterly awesome), so it doesn't count as a game I'm looking forward to anymore. Also, I am secretly looking forward to the Sims 3. Dragon Age has me intrigued, but I've really found it hard playing Bioware games after I was massively disappointed with NWN.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"