Obsidian making Fallout: New Vegas

funcroc

Why? Does it make you feel special? Does it make you feel better? Does it make you feel.. hardcore?

dude. get the sand outta yr vag.

*Snigger* tee hee. I believe the saying is: You got owned!

I actually was believing your arguement mkreku, until you started getting 'picky'.

Wow. I got "owned" and "sand in my vag" in the same quote pyramid.

Yeah, great new influx of posters. I can almost feel the level of discussion freefalling down the IQ scale.

But please, feel free to keep posting how hardcore you are and how everyone else is playing their game wrong because they quicksave/quickload "like you couldn't do in PnP".

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Haha, I just saw your posts in another thread. You're actually bragging about how many times you've gotten banned.. geez. They need an age limit to this place.

Edit: Oops. Directed at the teen codexian of course.

Edited by mkreku

Is there a huge difference in salary between composing music for television and computer games? He composed the music for Shark Attack 2, so i don't think he's too picky. :(

Edit: Still going on about Mark Morgan here.

Edited by Noceur

Haha, I just saw your posts in another thread. You're actually bragging about how many times you've gotten banned.. geez. They need an age limit to this place.

Edit: Oops. Directed at the teen codexian of course.

well, i may be older than you. and no i'm not bragging, i'm lamenting. also, i've posted...i think...under 10 times at the codex. why is it so important for you to derail the thread and make personal insults directed toward me? talk about maturity, friend.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto or something?
Giants: Citizen Kabuto or something?

That's why I think it's unlikely he'll return for video games.

Probably Jeremy Soule will do the job.

Oddly enough, Mark had to quit work on Giants and Jeremy Soule finished the project :(

"Mark: Thanks for the kind words, I would love to do that game, but I have not been asked. I

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

well, i may be older than you. and no i'm not bragging, i'm lamenting. also, i've posted...i think...under 10 times at the codex. why is it so important for you to derail the thread and make personal insults directed toward me? talk about maturity, friend.

Sure, you're "lamenting". Everyone, on every forum, needs to know how sad you feel for being repeatedly banned on another forum. Right.

And me getting sand outta my vag is surely not "ad hominem" and obviously thread relevant? What's your next step? "You started it!"?

Besides, this thread is dead. The Fallout: New Vegas forum is at Bethesda.

I wonder if we will ever find out just how much freedom Obsidian really has in the design of the game.

Really, it could be that Bethesda is still the "brains" behind the project and Obsidian is just the sub-contracted labor punching the 100 hour a week clock.

WHich would be depressing.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

A shame, the only musical score that Inon Zur ever did a good job on is Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal in my opinion. His Fallout 3 score was bland and forgettable.

I don't know much of his other music, but I agree with you there 100% [His work on BG2 was great]

*I worried it would be ill fitting for F3, but it was not as bad as I'd expected to be...

http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fallout1jf2.swf

Edited by Gizmo

I wonder if we will ever find out just how much freedom Obsidian really has in the design of the game.

Really, it could be that Bethesda is still the "brains" behind the project and Obsidian is just the sub-contracted labor punching the 100 hour a week clock.

WHich would be depressing.

No I don't think so. Beth acts as the producer/publisher, while they also have their own project (TES5?) going on. All creative duties should be in Obsidians hands.

Edited by Morgoth

That's actually a pretty good question when you think about it. Will Obsidian be able to choose which composer they want for the music (within reasonable limits)? What the budget they're dealing with? Are they in charge of choosing which voice actors to use? Can they fork out the money needed to buy (for example) FaceFX to improve the talking heads? Or Euphoria to help with the animations? How much control will they have over the technology? I mean, they obviously don't want to end up in another KotOR2 situation..

Should I ask this on the other forum perhaps..?

Sure, you're "lamenting". Everyone, on every forum, needs to know how sad you feel for being repeatedly banned on another forum. Right.

And me getting sand outta my vag is surely not "ad hominem" and obviously thread relevant? What's your next step? "You started it!"?

Besides, this thread is dead. The Fallout: New Vegas forum is at Bethesda.

Well to be fair, you can't really complain about the ad hominems given your line, and dramatics, that precipitated the sand remark - "Why? Does it make you feel special? Does it make you feel better? Does it make you feel.. hardcore?". Ah, the internet, heh. As for the music, Jeremy Soule's not too bad, I liked his work in TA and SC.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm quite happy to have a new obsidian RPG that isn't attached to the NWN franchise. Fallout 3 was great fun and I played it for many hours. I'm sure I'll enjoy The FO: Vegas title.

Looking at KotOR franchise, it seems to me that Bioware did a better job at polishing the product before shipping, but Obsidian did a better job with the atmosphere and plot. If Obsidian has can make sure the engine is optimized and the glitches are at a minimum (and don't forget that FO3 wasn't short on bugs in the first place) then the areas where they excell will carry the game. I look forward to a tight story, memorable and interesting NPCs, and a great post-apocalyptic atmosphere.

I'm sure I'll buy alpha-protocol if it ships for the PC, but the apparent loss of the Aliens game means that FO:Vegas is the only RPG title that Obsidian will ship in the near future. :(