Hats

Trenitay

They're fun to wear. What kind of hats do you people wear?

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Woollen, no bobble.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

fedora

it's all about style, see :ermm:

Best hat ever.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Only time that i have weared a hat was a beret back when i was in the military. I don't know, hats today just doesn't really look that good. It rather looks a bit archaic to me, like those ridicolous wigs that the british judges wear.

Every time i see someone wearing a hat on the street, it's either 1)some sort of for teh lulz irony, or 2) some clueless hipster thinking that he or she is cool.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't know, hats today just doesn't really look that good. It rather looks a bit archaic to me, like those ridicolous wigs that the british judges wear.

Every time i see someone wearing a hat on the street, it's either 1)some sort of for teh lulz irony, or 2) some clueless hipster thinking that he or she is cool.

You forgot about 3) a bloody idiot.

Wearing a hat without some sort of practical intent, like a helmet at a construction site, is ridiculous and should be avoided.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Actually, every organic lifeform known to man looks silly in a hat. Even in the heydays of hat-wearing, the coolest cats on the block did not wear them.

Irrefutable evidence: do a google imagesearch on Cary Grant, Ive looked 5 pages down and there is not a single photo in which he is wearing a hat. Not even Humphrey Bogart wore hats privately, only when he played Sam Spade.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Hats need to be low key, a fedora in a muted colour for instance , baseball caps, well I guess I'm just too old for those unless they actually serve a purpose, ei working outside on a hot day.

Part of the statement is that you don't care about people who summarily dismiss hats. That makes you automatically cooler than the rest of the hat hating herd.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I used to wear a baseball cap all the time. Then I realised i should just cut my damn hair.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Come on, hats are not cool. It doesnt matter how many levels or irony you wear it with, its still like stapling a sign that says "big fat idiot" to your forehead. We have this friend who always wears a fedora. We've been saying he looks like an ass in it, but he thinks its a joke. Its been two years and he's still like "That's so funny, guys." but we're completely serious.

In summer, when the sun is really bright I might wear a fishing hat at times. But thats just because I think wearing sunglasses is even more ridiculous than wearing a hat. And I do look like a complete idiot in that fishing hat.

You look stupid when you call us hat-wearers stupid.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Sunglasses are stupid, I would never wear them unless not doing so would mean snow blindness.

Some people do look silly with hats, it depends on the shape of the head i suppose, it has to generate an aesthetically pleasing profile. You can't carry a bald or millimetre cut look well if your skull has no contour to it, or grow a beard if it ends up all patchy.

Some people are just not that aware of the chasm between what they think they look like, and the actual impression they generate.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It's a well known trap to do something initially as a joke, and then fall into do it. It's how you wind up wearing a fedora, or a cardigan, or carpet slippers, or the Victoria Cross.

-Elwood Blues

All the hats I've ever worn were called covers and had this on them.

2390130100_fb4e44f83d.jpg

I hope for your sake you're a marine, and not merely an escaped mental patient.

-Elwood Blues