Is KOTOR2 too easy?

Hello,

I had recently purchased the PC version of KOTOR2, and have updated it to the 1.0B patch(which I had to do manually, as for some reason the auto-patcher isn't working). I also downloaded a few bug fixes(namely, the Atris bug on Telos, and the Kreia bug on Korriban). Anyway, I have made it all the way to the Ravager, and defeated Darth Nihilus, and have the game set to "difficult". Despite the setting, 90% of all enemies die in one or two hits. I sometimes get my party killed fighting large mobs, but the situation is often easily remedied with force wave and lightning(both good mob controls). My character isn't even built that great(a Jedi sentinel wielding a double-sided saber). The last time I found the game challenging was in Nar Shada, and that was mainly because I was using Mira and T3, who did not have upgraded weapons(I didn't even bother making non-lightsaber upgrades until very late into the game). It seems as though nothing is finite in this game. I NEVER use more than 10% of my force points, and have more crafting components and chemicals than I'll ever need.

Anyway, my question is this, I recently started a dark consular. Is there any way to make the game more difficult, fun, or less buggy for that mattter?

Sounds like something is unbalanced in your game. In normal mode, it usually takes a few more hits to kill enemies and they're supposed to scale up to your level. There are however a few hardcore mods that make the game harder. Browse through filefront and i'm sure you'll find them.

Beyond that, I suppose you can vary your game by using more of your non-Jedi and droids in combat, since tricked out lightsabers, force jump and force storm can make mince meat of most enemies.

Beyond that, I suppose you can vary your game by using more of your non-Jedi and droids in combat, since tricked out lightsabers, force jump and force storm can make mince meat of most enemies.

I generally use a non-Jedi as ranged support, and to take care of mines, since my sentinel has no skill points in demolitions.

Sounds like something is unbalanced in your game. In normal mode, it usually takes a few more hits to kill enemies and they're supposed to scale up to your level. There are however a few hardcore mods that make the game harder. Browse through filefront and i'm sure you'll find them.

Well, I have a double-bladed lightsaber, and Master flurry; Combine those two with Master speed, you get 4 attacks in 1 round(I am not sure how someone unfamiliar with D&D 3.0 would play this game, lol). I also did about 6-40 damager per hit, and had a keen lightsaber with massive criticals.

Did you use any cheats to jack up your stats?

None that I know of. I am wondering if any of my mods made things easier without me knowing. I installed a couple bug fixes for dialogs, and a mod for skimpier female clothing.

Edited by Pimpachu

Your stats don't really seem out of the ordinary, but it does appear as if something has effected the enemies. Generally speaking it isn't that hard a game, so long as you figure out a few strategies and past level 25, you Jedi will be near-indestructable, thanks to near-endless FP pool even with Weaponmasters. Hell, the only place I was 'killed' a few times was fighting the Handmaidens on Telos with a LS consular and that's a side-quest that doesn't really affect the game that much. Try uninstalling the mods and see if that changes things. Maybe one of them has affected the difficulty. If not, check out some of the hardcore mods.

Well, I just defeated the final boss with my LS sentinel. Here is what her stats looked like. Anyone else feel free to post their screencaps of their character sheet before the battle(are they called character sheets?).

08c81c76d14046e54310a28eb1751c4d11ed5efb.jpg

Below is a rant of mine relating my disapointment. I waited 4 years to be able to afford a machine that could play KOTOR2( My old Toshiba with 32mb integrated graphics was uber choppy, and practically unplayable).

Darth Sion posed no challenge whatsoever. Using my persuade, wisdom, and awareness to demoralize him was fun. His attacks however were pretty droll. I was hoping for a final battle similar to Malak in KOTOR1. The final showdown in KOTOR1 was not only much more epic, but much more tricky as well. Not only that, but the DS ending was awesome. As if Sion wasn't disapointment enough, Kreia was even more lame. All she did was attack you with floating lightsabers. I had to heal myself a few times, but otherwise she posed no challenge, since I had life drain(meaning I could damage her and heal myself simultaneously). As for the KOTOR2 ending, they might as well have replaced it with a video clip George Lucas saying,"thanks for the 50 bucks suckers. Be sure to buy the next turd I crap out(in all fairness, I bet George Lucas has little to do with any of the video games).

Anyway, What might be some good mods to add in for replay value when I do it again with my DS consular?

Have a look here. The mods you may find interesting are the Hardcore Mod by beancounter, Game Balance Mod by Achilles and Putting the Sith Back in the Sith Lords by Prime. From what I gather they make enemies stronger and I think the Game Balance mod looks better. They probably aren't compatible with each other though, so excercise some caution.