[TV] Deadliest Warrior

Oerwinde

Just watched the samurai episode while I was cleaning my house.

Again, it is all about people gloating at each other (objectivity anyone?), punching weapons into gelatinous torsos (as if most weapons do not kill in the hands of a trained warrior), and appeasing minority cultures by giving them the long bow, which is the most general of all weapons in the world. And no, it wouldn't change my opinion even if they give my very own minority culture a lick on the boot.

It will be quite a pleasure to see a real scientist to just walk up to the show and rip apart their methodologies bit by bit, starting with that simulation software they have. That's not going to happen of course.

</QQ>

There's two camps that taunt each other are there to make the strongest case for each side. They aren't supposed to be objective.

Not sure about the minority culture comment, but whatever. The show is entertaining. If you're watching SpikeTV for balls to the wall scientific methodology (or any TV show in particular), you're probably going to be disappionted.

Spike is a bunch of drunken frat boys coming up with programming that would entertain other drunken frat boys. Or those like me with a 14 year old mentality.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Spike is a bunch of drunken frat boys coming up with programming that would entertain other drunken frat boys. Or those like me with a 14 year old mentality.

That was the bottom line for whay I had no interest in the show.

If SPike programs somethign they think will appeal to their target audience, I can be pretty sure it is not going to appeal to me.

Different tastes and so forth.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

There's two camps that taunt each other are there to make the strongest case for each side. They aren't supposed to be objective.

Not sure about the minority culture comment, but whatever. The show is entertaining. If you're watching SpikeTV for balls to the wall scientific methodology (or any TV show in particular), you're probably going to be disappionted.

... I give you MYTHBUSTERS!

of course where else can you see a steel plate slam into a car at 640 miles per hour?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

of course where else can you see a steel plate slam into a car at 640 miles per hour?

I liked the one where they sent the bus flying through the air with the exhaust from a jet engine.

Mythbusters ftw.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Or cement trucks exploding! haha.

Spartan vs Ninja is on right now!

Somebody will have to tell me who wins, but I bet its the ninja because they can blind people with flash bombs and hurl throwing stars.

I have not seen the episode yet, but I bet it is the Ninja because he is prominently featured in the introduction video of the show and is Japanese. Spartan, on the other hand, will likely not be given a sufficient long range weapon because he, like Viking and Gladiator, is famous for close range combat and thus the producers would naturally be slashing bows from his arsenal.

Edited by ouiouiwewe

Agreed. I called Spartan at the beginning for his armor, but I didn't think the shield would be THAT effective.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Agreed. I called Spartan at the beginning for his armor, but I didn't think the shield would be THAT effective.

I guess the issue is that it's a one-on-one fight. Ninja took out armored Samurai, though the Samurai didn't have the shield.

But still, I would think that crushed glass in the eye would effectively render the Spartan useless, and if the Ninja could score a hit with it, then a kill would be essentially assured.

Spartan won? -_-

Warriors on The History Channel has an episode on SPartan's tomorrow night at 10 gmt-5.

Should be cool

Well what deadliest warrior does is they demonstrate various weapons and techniques for each warrior, have doctors and such examine how that affects forensic dummies, sensors, and the armor of the warriors, then plug it all into a computer program that simulates 1000 battles, and whichever wins the most of those thousand is deemed the winner. Samurai beat Viking last night, and Apache beat Gladiator last week. Spartan vs Ninja is next week.

Given that the Samurai often rode on horseback while using a bow and arrow, should hope one would win against a single Viking.

I won't even go into the silliness of ninja vs spartan. Ninjas weren't warriors; they were spies.

Otherwise how would a zulu with a spear ever beat a redcoat with a breach-loading rifle?

Civilization IV says it's possible.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Ninjas can walk on water. Can a Spartan do that?

The Persian king once asked a Spartan traitor just how powerful are the Spartans, are they supermen, say can 1 kill 10 of us? The Spartan said individually they're not that different from any other man, but in a formation with shields interlocked and spears deployed they're almost invincible.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

The Persian king once asked a Spartan traitor just how powerful are the Spartans, are they supermen, say can 1 kill 10 of us? The Spartan said individually they're not that different from any other man, but in a formation with shields interlocked and spears deployed they're almost invincible.

Random factoid!

But as to Ninja's vs. Spartans the ninjas would probably be victorious mainly because the spartans wouldn't expect pesants to stab them in the back with a sickle.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So Pirate vs Knight had about the outcome I expected. Pirate was useless in close quarters but annihilated the knight with his guns.

Devastatorsig.jpg