Exotic Weapons?

anyone know if there's going to be any unusual weapons in the game? i'd like to have access to a Luger or Tommy Gun, could be AP's equivalent of COD 4's MP44 and seeing as it's a roleplaying game it'd be interesting to be able to play as a rogue or psychopath both in terms of character and weapon loadout. and how about melee weapons like a samurai sword or garotte? on a side note does anyone know if there's going to be rifles bolt-action or semi-auto?

Edited by Mirren

Laser rifle.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

• 2 weeks later...

Lightsaber.

On a more serious note, if you're going to include a "vintage" firearm, make it the 1911. Please.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

As a Spy game, I think all the weapons should be as cutting edge as possible.

So as "Exotic" weapons, maybe things like the H&K MP2000 or other "future" weapons that are currently in prototype or just designs.

I don't think that vintage weapons really fit the setting.

Please, no arguments over which firearm is best, I'm just saying that a High Tech Spy Thriller should stick with High Tech Weapons.

Anachronism is a device that adds personality to a character. This extends both into future and past.

It's also a vague line between what is "vintage," "modern," and "high-tech." The Colt 1911, for example, has been in production for a looong time. Often the differences between a "futuristic" version and the original are a few safety and reliability features, maybe a polymer frame and some attachments that give it a high-tech look. Any variant, properly maintained, will shoot people pretty good. Also, negligent discharges and gun jamming are seldom prominent features in shooters, so safety and reliability features wouldn't really matter for gameplay purposes.

Personally, I have no problem with having both old and new versions/skins of a weapon. Maybe Thornton has an older 1911 that was a keepsake from the family, maybe he has a fetish for antiquity.

It wouldn't make sense to have *every* weapon in the game be some future gun from space.

A) Spies have to make do with what's available sometimes.

B) Enemies need more common weapons anyway, so they should be available to Thornton as well.

Please, no arguments over which firearm is best.

I completely agree that taking weapons off the enemy makes sense, (although may not be possible), and in that instance common / dated weapons should be the norm.

I doubt that you can though, so that's probably moot.

Also - since it's probably a limitless ammunition situation, there is less reason to be concerned with that.

Edited by Director

I want the pistol with exploding bullets that was in NOLF1. Please!

MAKE IT A MAGNUM!

AHMAHGAWD

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"