Patching the Xbox Verison....

Mortis is right, you would need a modded Xbox to run a "patched" version of the game. Not only is modding the Xbox illegal, so is creating a "patched" version of the game disk.

i dont see how patching a game with an offical patch could be illegal... and the loophole with softmodded xboxs says its only illgeal to run unsigned code, and as everything on said disk would have come from the orignal developer i dont really see the problem...

That "loophole" is not a very stable one. The only reason it is considered a loophole is because no one has tested it in court (yet). You are still violating the EULA on your Xbox by using it, even if some people claim it might be legal.

The fact that it came from the same developer means nothing. Owning a copy of the Xbox version of the game does not entitle you to the PC version of the game. Technically, the patch code is only licensed to owners of the PC version, so if someone were to create a "patched" Xbox disk, they would be violating at the very least the EULA on the Xbox version. Additionally, you would either have to download a an ISO copy of the game to get the patch, which is straight up piracy; or you would have to use a patching utility of some kind, which would mean creating an illegal modification/copy of your game disk.

The point is, even if someone had actually done that, given the potential legal issues with it, do you really think anyone would admit to it on the forums run by the game's developer?

Edited by cogadh

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of War!

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

I don't mean to be annoying but does any1, know how to solve my problm with KOTOR2, i would play num 1 but missing 1st disk, and thats why i wana play kotor2 but it keeps coming up with an error, and patcher doesn't work. If u wana no more go back a couple of pages i typed the error message there, and i said the ideas i tryed =] thx

Legalities aside, the limited hardware of the Xbox in comparison to the PC will make this impossible, most of the content patched into the PC version of the game is already fixed in the Xbox version. If your asking for the video/audio patches forget about it, the game will crash right after booting up since the game was coded to handle it. :)

I have another point to make...

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=524

Lucasarts forum right? look at the top to topics the are sticky'd.

I figured it being the official lucasarts web site this kinda thing would be ok.

Except that isn't an official LucasArts website, it is just a fan site, part of the LFNetwork:

http://www.lfnetwork.com/about.php

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

• 2 months later...

LA has no control whatsoever over the LFNetwork sites, they don't belong to LA, so LA can't lock it. Besides, that thread is not about modding a LA game, but rather about modding the Xbox itself. What does LA care about people "hacking" their own consoles?

Edited by cogadh

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg