Braid

Morgoth

Play the demo now! Click

Braid is an unconventional platformer with pretty, painterly graphics style where you can manipulate time and save princesses!

I kinda liked the demo, so I'm probably buying that from Steam today. Gotta support such creative talent like Jonathan Blow. Anyone played the Xbox 360 version? It got some extraordinary high review scores.

The soundtrack is really great.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Overhyped novelty piss. Not touching even with gloves and a pair of plyers.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

No, Im just sick of the "braid of goo is the best game evarh!! indie rulz!! LOL!!!01010!!!" sentiment that goes on over where I live. 9/10 of all game projects at my uni are physics puzzle games as a result of that trend.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You don't find it a bit refreshing that a game can be made without a huge team of a hundred artists and developers, millions of dollars in advertising, and a stifling big brother publisher laying in wait? Braid was created by two guys with no budget. I'm happy to see these projects succeed, I think they keep the industry grounded.

You don't find it a bit refreshing that a game can be made without a huge team of a hundred artists and developers, millions of dollars in advertising, and a stifling big brother publisher laying in wait? Braid was created by two guys with no budget. I'm happy to see these projects succeed, I think they keep the industry grounded.

I agree, its a positive example, it sounds like he is salty from a level of local overexposure.

I was wondering wtf with such a venomous take on someone's stellar work and accomplishments.

I am probably going to get this along with And Yet it Moves next time/money for some gaming. The both look appealing to me.

All deception is self deception all hypnosis is auto-hypnosis

Braid was created by two guys with no budget.

That's not quite right. "Blow put over US$180,000 of his own money into its development."

Ah, I think I remember reading that. Crazy!

Good thing it was successful.

I think most of that money were his living expenses. Great game, very clever puzzles, probably more clever than Portal. Didn't really care for or get the story though, probably would be better without the actual text, or most of it at least.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

very clever puzzles, probably more clever than Portal.

Portal? Clever puzzles? Does not compute.

Seriously, get over Portal, people. It was average at best.

20795.jpg

It's true though, Portal was tremendously overrated. Not on the Braid/Goo scale though, those games should be ashamed of themselves.

Exactly what does overrated mean to you? Braid didn't have an advertising budget or anything. It became a sensation almost solely on word of mouth advertising. It just seems like the argument could be better made that there are other products out there that deserve some of the spotlight that Braid got, but I don't know why you would need to bring Braid down a few notches to achieve that.

Overrated is when people start behaving like a game is gods gift to man, but in reality its just an ok game. Maybe even good in some cases. You cant buy that, its a spontaneous mass psychosis.

Im not on a warpath, Im just surrendered by a lot of annoying people praising "Braid of Goo" as we more sensible people refer to the phenomenon.

And yes, I tried it.

Im not on a warpath, Im just surrendered by a lot of annoying people praising "Braid of Goo" as we more sensible people refer to the phenomenon.

And yes, I tried it.

I guess I'll comment on Braid after I've played it.

Are you also saying that World of Goo was overhyped/bad/sin against mankind? I played it and loved it, it's a great little quirky puzzle game with nice music and interesting visuals. That's all that it is and because of that it's great.