[TV] L/O Criminal Intent

wesley2

I'm a diehard for anything Law and Order and this is becoming my favorite series of all of them. They have a great variety of cases and the quirky detectives are awesome, especially Goren who I'm a huge fan of, my favorite TV detective. His mannerisms are so unique and DOnofrio really makes the character because he nails the role so well...

You guys fans of this?

my favorite show. new episodes begin again next sunday, april 19 (as well as the new in plain sight episodes).

i've always liked d'onofrio, however. he plays a perfect sherlock to eames' holmes. too bad they killed off his moriarty last year.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Meh, I always liked Detective Logan out of all the various Law and Order cops (tho the new guys are pretty good).

I never really got into CI. I always liked the original Law and Order the best.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The only one we get here is that horrible spinoff that only deals with rape and sex abuse. Its revolting, I cant imagine what the hell they were thinking when they greenlighted that. You turn on the tv and its all:

-My father raped me and made me have the child! Now my child raped my second cousin!

-That's ok, I was raped too. Here, have some raisins, you'll feel better.

And the average TV viewer goes "Sweet! This show rocks!"

The only american cop show I like is Homicide: life on the streets, its really really good.

ok so I lied a little: i also love miami vice

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I like SVU. It can be hard to watch, it isn't a dinnertime show or anything, but the actors are fantastic and the storylines are often better than the original or CI. They handle the subject matter very delicately by the way.

Ice T for teh win.

Yeah, right. And while we're at it, why dont we make like "E.R : Pallative Ward" which is just episode after episode of people dying horribly from incurable diseases. That would be tasteful and entertaining.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yeah, right. And while we're at it, why dont we make like "E.R : Pallative Ward" which is just episode after episode of people dying horribly from incurable diseases. That would be tasteful and entertaining.

Throw in a few major disasters, and that sounds like the last 5 years of ER already.

I'm a L&O traditionalist. Yeah, the original is formulaic, but it's very good at varying things enough within that formula to keep it interesting and pretty consistently entertaining.

SVU was interesting in the early seasons, but it quickly became a laughable exercise in "guess which cast member is going to get way too emotionally involved in the case this week." CI never interested me much-- it was pretty much the D'Onofrio "gotcha" show from the beginning, with each episode predictably ending with him pulling a clever trick on whichever suspect has been most irritating to him over the course of the episode. It's about 1 step removed from Matlock's witness-breaking-down-and-confessing-on-the-stand-every-damn-week.

I loved CI because of D'onofri. I saw his character as a more emotionally eccentric, modern day Sherlock. Outrageous and improbable? Sure...but I love stuff like that. Have the first couple years on DVD. When he stopped being on the show all the time and that other guy took over some episodes, my interest waned. I catch it now and then if it's one of "his" episodes but other than that....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I loved CI because of D'onofri. I saw his character as a more emotionally eccentric, modern day Sherlock. Outrageous and improbable? Sure...but I love stuff like that. Have the first couple years on DVD. When he stopped being on the show all the time and that other guy took over some episodes, my interest waned. I catch it now and then if it's one of "his" episodes but other than that....

That "other guy" is detective Logan... he worked Homicide at Precinct 27 with three other officers... Including Briscoe.

Translation, He's actually a character that was in the original series for four seasons or so, then they kicked him out (by having him punch a city councilman) because he and Lenny's characters were too similar.

I like Richard Belzer. He's been on a bunch of these shows as the same character.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Those are the kinds of miracles that are performed when one gives up drugs.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I posted the same thing twice, so I edited this post to say this.

Edited by awsomeness

L&O recycles actors too. I saw an episode from way back where Ice T was a drug dealer who ends up getting shot in the head. Now he's a detective. Miraculous!

all the law and order series draw from the pool of NY actors. if you've been watching all three shows as long as i have, from the beginning essentially, you'll notice several characters that appear in different roles regularly, across all three shows. they also have some recurring character roles played by specific actors, and at least one of the former prosecutor chicks comes back as a defense attorney on occasion.

taks

Yeah, I know who the "new guy" in CI is, from articles. But I don't like him. His acting style is too stiff and dull for my tastes.

And they all become formulaic when you watch them every week. Nature of the beast. :down:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, I know who the "new guy" in CI is, from articles. But I don't like him. His acting style is too stiff and dull for my tastes.

And they all become formulaic when you watch them every week. Nature of the beast. :)

Jeff Goldbloom? I was referring to the other guy (chris north)

No, I meant Chris North.

The only thing I've seen North in where I found him somewhat interesting was in a bad romantic-comedy I caught on cable once. He played a restauranter character that was kinda charming. Most of the time I find him flat/boring - for me, no on-screen charisma - a little like George Clooney, who does nothing for me either.

well, noth ain't the "new guy" anymore. he's the "old guy" now, replaced by jeff goldblum. michele hates him. i'm having a hard time disagreeing though the one show i did like him in from the wayback machine in my head was tenspeed and brownshoe. he played a detective in that as well, so i'm hoping it carries over. of course, i may not even like that old show now, who knows?

taks