Kotor 2 won't start and i've tried everything

The steps you've taken to get KOTOR2 working on your PC don't always work. There are two threads on this part of the board detailing all the various ways to get the game to work - I'd run down that list.

I usually ignore the KOTOR system check, since ever since I played K1 it has told me that the game wouldn't run - this on two different computers. Still, it might be a good idea to double check your graphics drivers anyway.

Which threads?? i must have missed them

I checked out this: http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showt...mp;#entry760302

but nothing helped

+ even if there's a new graphic's update available, i doubt it'll run an old game like kotor 2

Oh and i tried something but it isn't a cure. I can apparently run the game but without enabling the sound so thats no sollution. Ok you can probably use subtitles but would you watch a movie without subs?? ^^

Which threads?? i must have missed them

I checked out this: http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showt...mp;#entry760302

but nothing helped

+ even if there's a new graphic's update available, i doubt it'll run an old game like kotor 2

Oh and i tried something but it isn't a cure. I can apparently run the game but without enabling the sound so thats no sollution. Ok you can probably use subtitles but would you watch a movie without subs?? ^^

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=50140

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showt...mp;#entry760302

• 5 months later...

kotor fixes from lucas forums

it also includes an ini fix too,

* First, figure out where the .ini is installed. Default is "C:\Program Files\Lucasarts\swkotor(2)\swkotor(2).ini". If its not in that location, then your going to have to do some searching around on the hard drive a bit.

* When you find it, just double-click on the file to open it in Notepad.

* Scroll down the file until you find the Graphics Options

* Under the last line ("last line" as in the last line of the list of entries under "Graphics Options", NOT the last line of "swkotor(2).ini), add "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1", without the quotes.

* Goto File, then Save.

In case you've got KOTOR 1 and 2 (both installed from CD, not 1 from Steam or so) - copy the .ini file from KOTOR 1 to KOTOR 2 if I recall OK and it should work.

Also - ignore the system check like others said - all graphics card above GeForce 4000 (+-) get an error from it. Too new drivers

kotor fixes from lucas forums

it also includes an ini fix too,

* First, figure out where the .ini is installed. Default is "C:\Program Files\Lucasarts\swkotor(2)\swkotor(2).ini". If its not in that location, then your going to have to do some searching around on the hard drive a bit.

* When you find it, just double-click on the file to open it in Notepad.

* Scroll down the file until you find the Graphics Options

* Under the last line ("last line" as in the last line of the list of entries under "Graphics Options", NOT the last line of "swkotor(2).ini), add "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1", without the quotes.

* Goto File, then Save.

Edited by TUHD

The Undead Half-Dragon of NWN 2

Sith Master of KOTOR 2

Bred and raised in Darkness

'The righteous shall fall before the wicked'

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem as the other guy

I installed the game perfectly and as i go to launch it stops working, so i do a system check and it shows that my graphics card isnt sufficient.

but then the game works if i turn off the sound from the configure window. i would really like to play this game with sound and all before the Star Wars MMO comes out.

can someone help??

• 4 years later...