What are you playing now?

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Almost through Throne of Bhaal. I suddenly realised how much I hated that Abizagail (sp?) fight. Grrr!...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Taking a break from Fallout 3 to play some Wizardry 8. I don't usually play two games at the same time, but I was getting a little tired of FO3.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Darkfall Online and Final Fantasy XII and FF12 Revenant Wings :)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I went to my cousin tonight and played a little NHL09 online. It was amazingly fun! Even though I lost every freakin game I/we played. It was my first time ever playing hockey online. The last game was seriously tight too, as my Caps lost to the Canucks 2-1 with both his/her goals being scored within six minutes left of period three (I decided not to play my Leafs since they are ridiculously low ranked in NHL 09..).

My hitting game was fine, but my offense sucks. I thought a quick pass from the sideboards up into the slot for a streaking player and a direct shot would be the key to score, but nooo, every goalie in the league moves like lightning sideways. Apparently you need to get in close and use the skill stick until your thumbs fall off. That's how my opponents scored 5-6 times on me in every game..

Is it possible to play NHL 09 on a PS3 against an NHL 09 player on a Xbox 360? That would rule.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Still playing Fallout 3. I upgraded my big guns skill and am loving it so far. Having over 40 missiles helps as well.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Fallout 3 again. Just got done snipping at some crab men from a bridge. Such is life in the wasteland.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Guitar Hero World Tour: Got 100% on Assassin by Muse on Expert, god is there a lot of fast strumming in that song. 100% done on What I've Done by Linkin Park on Expert, too easy. For Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock, new record for Through the Fire and Flames on Hard and Expert. Through the Fire and Flames records:

Easy: 100%

Medium: 91%

Hard: 87%

Expert: 84%

Gran Turismo 4: Beat a whole bunch of competitions with my Metallic Silver colored Corvette with a major 517 HP.

NCAA Football 07: My Campus Legend is currently on his Senior year and has broke about 17 records including NCAA records and school records including touchdown records and rushing yard seasons and broken tackle records. He plays Half Back and is 6' 7" and 262 lbs, and lightning fast.

KotOR I: On Korriban in the Shyrack Cave, almost have enough prestige to be victorious and whipped Lashowe ass and chopped Shardaan in half

The Force Unleashed: Galen Marek just kicked the Emperor's big f**king ass. Just need to find two more saber color crystals.

Galaxian: Woooohoooooooooo, Level 20, I Ruuuuuuuule, DIIIIIIIIEEEEEE YOU DAMN GALAXIANS.

Pac-Man: Pac-Man is showing those suckers who has the appetite for dots. Got to the point when the red monster (forgot it's name), gets his leg revealed.

Oh. forgot, Mass Effect: Male Shephard and Ashley are going at it, eh ohh, she's naked!!

Wait. Jade Empire: Almost done!!

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

I find it impossible to play a single game, and simply stick with it, so I tend to be playing lots of games side by side, the actual situation i.e. Where I am and what I have access to dictates what I am playing.

This is a picture of how my gaming sessions look currently, or atleast how I've structured them and what I intend to replace them with when I've completed said first game. A game can take anywhere between days and months, even years, for me to complete and occasionally I won't ever complete some games, but being stubborn I do tend to get there once I sit down for a final play session, i.e. Start a game with the intention of finishing it no matter how painful.

Sometimes I have to restructure my sessions because of a new release, but I think if someone actually took the time to dig throught archieve they'd find this to be fairly consistant.

360:

Now: Halo: Combat Evolved

Working my way through the Halo series. I'm still not getting it... I'm nearing the end of Halo: Combat evolved and I don't understand why the game was so popular.

Next: Halo 2

Now: Black

A kinda generic shooter, its a twilight release XBox, that still looks and plays well now.

Next: GTA IV.

Now: Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

Tactical shooter, not alot to say about it really.

Next: Gears of War, on Hardcore.

Now: Endwar.

I mostly play this online, I've not actually completed the games compaign

Next: Nothing, I only play this occasionally online for an hour or two at a time.

Wii:

Lots of Virtual Console stuff, but mostly R-Type.

Now: Resident Evil Zero.

I've been playing this for months, I have found it to be a game that drags, alot... It's not bad, mostly I have found it to be dull

Next: Resident Evil.

PC:

Now: Hellgate: London

I play this at lunch because it allows me to jump in and do a quick quest and not really care about anything other than slaying a bunch of monsters. (Work PC)

Next: Dark Messiah Might and Magic.

Now: Bioshock

I don't get what the fuss was about this game when it was released... That said, I don't think it's bad. (Desktop at home)

Next: The Witcher.

Now: Fallout

I've not been playing this aggressively but after playing through FO3 I decided to go back and play FO... I'm enjoying it! And I'm enjoying the more casual pace that I am playing it at. (Laptop at home)

Next: Neverwinter Nights OC.

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Fifa 09 on Xbox live

-Pro Evo 09 didn't live up to expectations, so I decided to give Fifa a go for the first time since '97. Even though the defense mechanics are a bit on the sketchy side, it's the overall best football game ever made.

Football Manager 2009 on PC

-Notoriously addictive, and I tend to return for the occasional match. Watch out for Southampton in the 2012 Champions League :rolleyes:

Starcraft

-Works great on my EEE PC and is just as awesome as I remembered it to be.

Fallout 2 with Killap's patch

-Also on my EEE PC. Except for the occasional crash, it's still pretty awesome.

Peggle and Peggle Nights

-As addictive as FM2009, but the target consumer is pretty much everyone and anyone. Great games.

Got copies of the Witcher, Gothic 3 (never played the first or second) and Stalker collecting dust here, so I'll look into those as soon as I've got the time. Don't know which one to play first though... What would you recommend, guys?

Gothic 3 will drive you insane.

It's almost a game, only they released it with broken combat mechanics. Basically you interrupt and disable your opponent with your weakest most feeble sword chop to keep him from doing it to you. You will never use any other attack.

200 interrupts later and the opponent either dies of blood loss or your finger cramps up and you lose.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Red Riding Hood found the wolf in a cemetery.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Ignore Gorgon and get this:

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showt...d.php?p=8871228

It's 880 MB, but it's worth it. Not only will you get an insane performance increase, the badly broken combat actually works now. But be warned: if you're used to games like Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic or equivalent, this game is not for you. There's no hand-holding, you WILL die a horrible death a hundred times and you WILL fail quests. Yes, it's actually possible to fail stuff in the Gothic games, unlike anything produced in the US for the last ten years. It's a very difficult game.

But if you enjoy a living, breathing, absolutely massive world with no loading times, lots of combat, quests, treasures and three different story lines (you can only finish one per playthrough), you'll have a blast. I am currently replaying Gothic 3 with the community patch 1.7 and it's a great game now. Just make sure you turn on the Alternative balancing and the new AI and you're set to go.

Ignore Gorgon and get this:

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showt...d.php?p=8871228

It's 880 MB, but it's worth it. Not only will you get an insane performance increase, the badly broken combat actually works now. But be warned: if you're used to games like Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic or equivalent, this game is not for you. There's no hand-holding, you WILL die a horrible death a hundred times and you WILL fail quests. Yes, it's actually possible to fail stuff in the Gothic games, unlike anything produced in the US for the last ten years. It's a very difficult game.

But if you enjoy a living, breathing, absolutely massive world with no loading times, lots of combat, quests, treasures and three different story lines (you can only finish one per playthrough), you'll have a blast. I am currently replaying Gothic 3 with the community patch 1.7 and it's a great game now. Just make sure you turn on the Alternative balancing and the new AI and you're set to go.

Too bad I binned the game in disgust. Would have liked to try a playable version.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Red Riding Hood found the wolf in a cemetery.

Hey, after you've found all your wolves, could you tell me what the hell the epilogue is for?

The wife and I finshed, and the game had good points and bad points, but the epilogue made no sense. I understand that it's meant to be symbolic, but I just don't get it. Maybe there's something I've missed.

Anyhow, we might wait a bit and then replay the game for a perfect score. It's weird that the game has a score in the first place. Oh, and we picked all 144 flowers and, huzzah!, nothing! Woot. Glad we took the time to do that. Oh, and don't forget to hit esc and look at your trail. Might actually be helpful.

Been playing a lot of WotLK. Meh. Getting a little wearisome. I Have leveled three characters to level 80. ho hum.

We're almost done with Rhiannon. We would have been finished a long time ago, but some of the puzzles are so counterintuitive, we get tired of the crap and decide not to play for a while. We need a good Adventure game we can play together.

Hit level 61 on my DK over the weekend. Respecced from Frost and dropped all 52 talents so far into Unholy. I still dont know what Im doing wrt an optimal rotation so most of my gaming consists of just mashing whatever ability isnt currently on cooldown. Having the perma-ghoul is fun and Outland is proving to be a much bigger challenge then the DK starting area.

"But if you enjoy a living, breathing, absolutely massive world with no loading times, lots of combat, quests, treasures and three different story lines (you can only finish one per playthrough), you'll have a blast. "

It has loading times. Just look for the pauses as you are exploring.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"But if you enjoy a living, breathing, absolutely massive world with no loading times, lots of combat, quests, treasures and three different story lines (you can only finish one per playthrough), you'll have a blast. "

It has loading times. Just look for the pauses as you are exploring.

If you're referring to the stuttering from the vanilla version, it's gone now for me with the CP 1.7. And yes, all games have loading times (you need to start up the game at least once, that's a loading time) but I'm really not interested in semantics. You will not see a loading screen once you've entered the game. Is that easier for you to understand, Volourn?

I never said anything about loading screens; but the Gothics most assuredly have loading times. This is a fact. You call it stuttering; but it's so obvious the game is using the 'pause' to load areas. I have no reason to beleive that future patches I didn't download somehow magically stopped the loading times.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.