New sekret project confirmed?

Zoma

I can't share the enthusiasm for a D&D project, since that will mean the abomination 4e ruleset. And I've already sworn never to buy anything related to that. Pathfinder would work though...

This. As much as I love D&D, I can't stand 4E (I don't even consider it to be D&D, but that's for a different discussion topic) and any new D&D CRPG would likely be forced to use that loathsome ruleset. Pathfinder would be a nice alternative.

Most likely Atari will be the publisher, because they want to put their D&D license to good use. And right now Obsidian is really the only possible choice for doing a multiplatform D&D RPG. I suspect it will be either NWN3 or BG3, and will be a Dragon Age clone (For heaven's sake, I hope not).

Well, it can't be NWN3, since Neverwinter doesn't exist in 4e. So I'm sure they'll call it something else. But it'll be intended to fill that market, I think as well. I do hope I'm wrong, I really have no intention of supporting 4e in any way, shape, or form.

They can use the name as a franchise name regardless. After all, Baldur's Gate 2 had nothing to do with the city of Baldur's Gate, so it might be the same with Neverwinter Nights 3, or Icewind Dale or Baldur's Gate 3 - these are all just names they can place on any game in Forgotten Realms, though they might denote certain things about the franchise (NWN: toolset, IWD: combat, BG: scope - just some examples).

Well, it can't be NWN3, since Neverwinter doesn't exist in 4e.

Okay I'm not up to date on the current affairs on Pen & Paper D&D (I have no one who would be willing to sit and play :(,) but I've been hearing nothing but negative reactions from it.

Is it really that bad and would it translate well into a cRPG?

edit: 4e I mean.

Edited by Syraxis

The real Fallout 3.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm noy being critical of anyone in particular. Rather just pointing out that were Obsidian's new project to be a D & D game, it might be nice to think of purchasing the game (if its good) to be about supporting Obsidian rather than supporting 4e.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I really hope it's Kotor 3. I have never waited this long for a game to come out. Please make a Kotor 3. You really put a lot of feeling and mystery in Kotor 2. ;( It had so many twists and turns.

I love the night, so peaceful and calm.

KotOR3 would be great, but it's not going to happen.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

http://kotaku.com/5219584/new-fallout-announced

Fallout New Vegas was announced moments ago during a Bethesda press conference in London.

The new game was revealed by Bethesda's Pete Hines who said that the publisher is working with Obsidian Entertainment on the title.

It will be coming out next year for the PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

"It is not a sequel to Fallout 3," Hines said. "It's simply another Fallout game in that universe."

It will be the same sort of role-playing game experience seen in Fallot 3, he said. The game's official reveal, with more details and a look at the game down the line.

Hines added that this title will have no impact on what Todd Howard and his team are working on.